Got home, and they were calling me. The wanted to know why I was upset. I said, well I'm upset because he said I was upset and didn't tell you why? Well, yes, the tech had explained why I was upset, but they wanted to explain that some people cannot afford a large fee, and they will give up certain options to be able to afford treatment. I advised that we all knew that they are more expensive than other places (partly due to location), and that if someone was trying to count pennies, they wouldn't go to them in the first place. I said I just would NOT bring Stella back for any type of teeth work, I'd have it done elsewhere, where they tell you the actual charge up front. You know what gets me? They kept asking what they could do to make me happy, but they will not give me a flat rate for teeth cleaning. They just couldn't accept the fact that the practice of nickle and diming me was what ticked me off. Anyone got a good vet?
While I was typing, they called to tell me that everything went well, and her teeth are in great shape. Wonder if they didn't want to have to explain any additional charges to me.
Speaking of teeth, I'm going again to get my temporary teeth adjusted. They hurt like crap all the time. I'll finish this when I get back....
Here it is, almost a week later. What an exciting week. I'll fill in all the missing dates.
The tooth adjustment went okay. Got home, and all was fine. Janice called, and let me know that my step-dad, Frank, was in the Cushing hospital because of elevated blood pressure. Off I head for Okla., to see how it all goes. I got started, and Janice called while I was diving. I picked up my iPhone to answer, and water started coming out of it. I answered, but all we could both hear was static. I turned it off, shook out as much water as I could, and turned it on. The display was a little dim, so I posted on facebook that I was traveling to Oklahoma. Then the phone went dark again. I drove on to Okla., and when I got there, I turned it on again. I saw a voice message from Carlos, played it, and then the phone displayed "no sim card", it went totally black, and never again worked.
Frank was diagnosed as suffering from stress. It could have been due to the fact that he was bringing his new girlfriend home to meet my mothers family. For those of you new to my blog, my mother died a few years ago, and frank spends his time either in Cushing (where my Mom's family lives, and Canyon City, Colorado, where they bought a house. He has spend almost the past 1/2 year in Canyon City, and while there, met a lady named Pat, that he really likes. She has 3 houses, and they travel between all these places. Anyway, this is his first "girlfriend", and it is the first time he's had her at what was his and mom's house. Anyway, long story short, he is fine now. He goes back to be rechecked on the 15th. I was without a phone for 3 days, and that includes Words With Friends. Anyway, his girlfriend seems really nice. I came home late Wednesday night.
Thursday was shopping day. First off, a new iPhone 4S. Yeah, back in the real world. I also had to shop for the weekend, as my family was meeting at my house for the weekend. While out, I got plenty of champagne, wine, beer, food, and a new camera. I bought the Nikon s3100.
On Friday, my sister Janice and her husband Mike, came for a visit for the weekend. Pat and Frank also came in. It was a year ago that my Dad (who lived with me) died. They didn't want me to be alone and depressed, so they spent the weekend with me. We went out to Picasso's for dinner. I took the new camera. Good pix?
Janice lounging and drinking a cold "one"
Pat's dog ZZ
Janice and Mike (from Houston)
Gary and me
Morgan and me at Picasso's.
By some fluke, we dressed similar.... who knew?
The entire family at the start of our 3 hour dinner.
Pat and me
left to right..
Angie Chloe Janice and a portion of Pat
From the time we were seated until we left, it was three hours. We decided that we'd just go with the flow, cause it was SRO in the restaurant. We were also late, but they saved our table for us. Great food.
Everyone was tired when we got home, so we slept well. Saturday, I served egg casseroles and various breakfast breads. Around 11:45, we girls met up at Quiggley's Clay House for a glass fusion class. Once again, Chloe and I made necklace pendants. Angie tried her first bracelet pendant, and was so sure of herself, she did two. Pat and Janice created their first ever necklace pendants. Everyone was really excited. 
After that, we gals headed to Casa Milagro for apps and drinks. WE got home around 3:30, and I race around getting ready for my Beer Party, which was supposed to start between 5:30 and 6. While we girls were fusioning (is that a word?), the guys had been out getting their cheese tray and beer for the party. 5:00 rolled around, and Gary went to pick Sheila up for the party. Mark was sick and staying home, and we wanted Sheila to enjoy the party, so Gary was her designated driver. The party began.
The object of the party.... attendees were asked to bring an appetizer and a beer that would go with it. Carols and Sue arrived, and the beer festival began. First up.....Sheila.
Being a good Canadian, she made meat pie appetizers in phyllo dough. They are an app version of a traditional Canadian pie, with cinnamon, clove, and some other aromatic spices. She served it with a Canadian beer, and I'll be danged if I can remember the name of it. It was French for murder. It was a bit strong.... 8 %, and a little on the sharp side for me. One sip, and then a bite of the meat pie, and the beer was instantly smooth. What a great pairing.
Next up, Carlos. He brought homemade tamales and hot sauce. His instructions were to dip the tamale in sour cream and hot sauce, then eat them. He also announced they were deer meat tamales. Who knew???? He brought a Mexican beer, Tecate, which was served with a pinch of salt, and fresh lime juice. The tamales were delicious, and even better with the beer. By the way, the Beer was voted best drink by my family. Everyone scarffed that up, then it was on to the cheese tray that Mike and Frank brought.
I set it up so that everyone got 8 cheese samples, and they were to taste the cheeses in order, and decide on which cheese went with which name. The cheese was served with Pauli Girl, which the guys selected because it was the only beer with a girl on the front of the bottle that had cleavage. Go figger! Everyone filled out the questionnaire, and we traded and swapped the forms for checking the correct answers. Out of 9 of us and 8 cheeses, two people got 6 right. I gave Sue a bottle of wine from a Texas winery, and Mike a bottle of wine named after my sister. Janice wine? Never heard of it? Well, it's cause they named the wine BITCH. I am just sooooo clever.
After that big game, it was time for the main course. BRATS! I had cooked the brats in beer and onions then grilled the brats and quick fried the onions. I served them with all the fixings... oinions, mustard, sauerkraut, chili, cheese and of course, the onions. I also served hot German potato salad with bacon. I paired it with Warsteiner (I now can't remember the spelling), which was a German beer. It was good also, but we becoming quite stuffed. I convinced everyone that we only had one more beer to go.
It was finally dessert time. For the occasion, I created my own speciality, a root beer float. I served Beyer Vanilla Ice Cream with root beer schnapps. Sounds awful, but it was a big hit. We girls sat at the table talking, while the guys headed for the kitchen area. We girls decided to try Frangelica Hazelnut Liquor shooters. You bite a slice of lemon, the drink the liquor. YUMMO! We did a couple of those, and some people (not to be named) ate a second root beer float.
I honestly don't remember when everyone left, but Carlos and Sue ended up driving Sheila home. Janice and I stayed up til 2am, then she went to bed and I watched CSI. I crashed after that, and slept til 8am, when I got up and started breakfast. Today was biscuits and gravy, bacon, eggs, and fresh fruit. My company headed out for their respective 5 hour trips, and I cleaned the kitchen.... AGAIN! I did enjoy the weekend, but man, that was a lot of work.
Angie and family are here for dinner. Left overs. That's it for now. By the way, I hate the new camera, cause my fingers are too cold or something.... I can't get the touch screen to respond to my touch. Hopefully, I'll get it returned tomorrow. Sears is also supposed to bring me a new set of box springs to replace the defective ones they gave me last week. Later....

No comments:
Post a Comment