Monday, May 20, 2013

I'm a Winner!

Angie, my daughter, is in Beverly Hills this weekend, so we've had the girls.  Gosh, those two girls do nothing except argue and aggravate each other.  It's their way of showing affection?  I honestly think it's the age difference.  Unfortunately, that's the way my sisters and I got along.

I did go shopping Saturday after blogging.  I hit Fry's, got all the junk I wanted, then went to Macy's.  I found a couple of items, then ordered some Ralph Lauren shorts.  Macy's is no longer carrying that line in the Dallas area.  Don't understand that.  Should have the stuff in my Friday.  I also went to Jared's Jewelry.  Get this.... they changed the battery and there was no charge.  I still will never go back.  I hate it when someone says they're going to do something on a certain date and don't.  I've been to them twice, and both times they screwed something up. 

Yesterday, the girls, Gary and Eric (my son-in-law) went to the Cottonwood Festival.  Chloe called me after they'd been gone a couple of hours and begged me to come get her cause she was bored.  I did, but everyone else stayed and enjoyed the music, food, and fun.  It was at the Eisemann Theater, and they have fountains in the front.  They are the type that come out of the concrete walkway, and everyone likes to play in the water... especially Morgan.  Chloe made home made hot sauce, which is about all she likes to cook.  HA!

Today, both girls went to church with their Dad.  While they were doing that, I went shopping again.  I only bought one pair of shorts.  Now.... I'll have several pair of black shorts.  The girls called to come back again, and I was tired of shopping anyway, so I came home.  Chloe and I went to practice our golf.  Gary T. came by for a few minutes and gave me the charger for his new golf toy, which I still have.  The only bad thing about it is.... it is hard to see in bright day light.  That is, however, an Apple iPhone problem. 

Now, the really good part about going to the course..... I mentioned when I bought two range ball tokens tokens, that I'd already lost one of the last two I bought.  They said they'd make my day.  They then handed me an envelope.  There was $80 inside.  They explained that a couple of FGA tournaments ago, that I'd won one of the skins.  Winner!  Winner!  Then, they replaced the "lost' range ball token.  What a great way to start your day. 

When we came home, Chloe, Gary and I played Hand and Foot.  I came in second, Chloe first, and Gary last.  Get this.... Gary complained that he doesn't like to sit after me, and before Chloe.  He said she doesn't play right.  WTF?  He's the one that hold cards.  He doesn't realize that it's him.  He hasn't been feeding her anything but 3's, so she can't pick up the file.  Thus, she plays cards that I can pick up.  She will NOT play a card if she's collecting it, even if it means I can pick it up.  Gary just doesn't get it.  Oh well, he did get burned when I went out and he still hadn't gotten into his "Foot" pile. 

After that, I grilled burgers and dogs.  Eric came by to pick his up.  Oh.... I also grilled Corn on the Cob. I found this article on my FaceBook page, and though it's for microwave, it works beautifully on grilled corn.  Just had to share.

1. Remove a few of the outer husks that might be dirty.

2. Cut the bottoms off of the corn. Be sure to cut above the part of the cob where the husk is attached. It would be above the part of the cob where it starts to round down.

3. Place a moist paper towel on the bottom of the microwave or on top of the carousel and place the corn on the paper towel.

4. Use this guide for your cook time. Remember the cooking time can vary for each microwave.

1 ear - 2 minutes
2 ears - 3 to 4 minutes
3 ears - 5 to 6 minutes
4 ears - 7 to 8 minutes
6 ears - 8 to 9 minutes

5. After cooking, let the corn sit about 3 minutes. It will continue to cook and will be cooler and easier to handle.

6. Pick the cooked corn up by the top (you might want to use an oven mitt if it is too hot to handle) and squeeze and lightly shake out the ear of corn. It should just slide out leaving the silk and all of the husks intact.

It worked great.  The bottom row of corn did get brown, but we like bits of browned corn on the cob anyway.  I used paper towels instead of a pot holder.  You all have to try this, and I assume it works perfectly in the microwave as described.

Nothing exciting on the calendar today.  Well, unless you count the fact that Gary has to cook breakfast for the girls, then we've got to get them to school and pick them up afterwards.  I'm not sure what time Angie's plane arrives home.  Eric will take care of that.  I'll take them to school, then go straight to the gym.  I have doctor appointments tomorrow, so I want to make sure I get one in before then.  That's enough for now.  I hope Angie got me something from Beverly Hills.  I am honestly glad she likes her job, and gets to do fun things.  She works for Murad Auctions, and this year, they gave her a trip for two to New York City.  It includes airfare, hotel, and tickets to Broadway shows, etc..  Again, we'll take care of the kids while she and Eric are gone.  Woohoo!

Guess I'll shut this down for today.  Hope you all have a great day!  Later....

No comments: