Here is a picture of me this morning, after spending the first part of the week eating and drinking.
Yup..... I had plenty to satisfy my body!
I drove Paula and Gerry down, as Margie had spent the weekend there with her family. The rest of her family left before we arrived, and I'm presuming it's because Margie spilled the beans that I was going. Anyway, we all got in, had a glass of wine on the patio, and hit the sack around midnight.
I took bagels and cream cheese for breakfast, and then we were off. We played the new Summit course. It was pretty, but we all agreed it just didn't have the eye candy that Ram, Slick or Apple have. It did have beautiful views of the lake when you got to the top of the mountain, but we all preferred the deer, rock formations, etc. that make the resort famous. I will say, Summit just opened, and the greens and golfing part are super nice... I just like the other courses better.
We all played...okay.... but none of us complained. While we were there, we stopped at one of the cook stands, and I shared meals with Margie. We ate venison and also rabbit/rattlesnake brats. The venison was delicious, but the casing was too tough on both of them for me to bite thru. Sort of gross. The venison flavor didn't appeal to me. Margie either. Oh well. It is the only food we paid for the entire weekend. Oh, at the bathroom stops, it's really like a mini deli. There are bathrooms, but there are mini kitchens. They provide (included in the price of the golf) sodas, lemonade, tea, all kinds of candy, Popsicles, nuts, frozen yogurts with various toppings for a healthy sundae, seafood salads, granola, orange juices, milk, and I can't remember what else. I only took pictures of one side of the free food. Here are some Summit pictures.
Tuesday evening, we attended the kick off happy hour at one of there many outdoor areas. I can't remember what it was called. It was like being in the islands. There were enough appetizers there that you could make an entire meal out of it. Lots of variety in everything from the seafood to the desserts. They also had wine servers roaming the area, along with a walk up open bar. Their margaritas were very good. We ate avocado stuffed with lobster-shrimp-crab salad,, pork stuffed buns, and I can't remember what else. They also had a goddie table, where we each got to select a metal item.
Wednesday, we played our first portion of the tournament on Apple. They had breakfast down by the pool area. We did okay. We came in tied for 4th place. Here are a couple of pictures of the course.
After golf, we all headed to Margie's where we drank a few beers, discussed our golfing, showered, then headed back to the club. The rain was supposed to arrive in the evening, so they moved our event to the Marriott. They had once again..... food to die for. Shrimp, vegetable, and beef kabobs, salads, shrimp tacos, various seafood tacos, on and on. Only had strawberry shortcake for dessert, but again an open bar. We also got to select a piece of jewelry. We all selected bracelets. They also had a band. Here are a few pictures.
Did I say that it's a hoot to see 100 ladies all dancing at once? We called it an evening around 9ish and headed back to the condo. Margie and I had a glass of wine on the patio before heading to bed. We got up early Thursday morning and headed to the course again. This time, we played the Summit. Because the pro shop was not yet open, we were driven to a special breakfast area. Gerry forgot and left her bag in the car. That took her and Paula quite a few minutes to locate. That was our only hectic moment. Well.... all I'm gonna blog about. I'll just say Paula and Gerry are something else. Again, it didn't rain on us. After our golf round, we all headed back to the yacht club for our lunch and awards ceremony.
What a let down.....JUST KIDDING.... again open bar, but only salads, soup, and pies. Of course, the salads could be prime rib salad, or seafood, or whatever, but the best was the asparagus sandwiches. I swear.... I thought I'd gained 20 pounds. Anyway, back to the results. We did win 2nd place in our flight. We sure did struggle on the back nine, but I guess everyone did. On our very first hole, a par 3, I actually hit a good 5iron hybrid, into the strong winds, on an uphill 135 yard pin, and managed to win a closest to the pin. Margie also won a closest to the pin. We actually won 2 of the 4 out there. Yahoo!
Our prize was Waterford Crystal wine glasse as a team for our second place. Our closest to the pin was another metal serving piece. We all got a candle, and a scarf. Talk about goodies! After that, we had a long drive home. I didn't have my camera out much, so I'm just going to show this short video. Some pictures will be a repeat, and a few are from when I had a practice round last week with Margie. Sorry.
That's it for today, since it's taken almost all day to create this. Have a nice day. Looks like I'm in for two more days of golf, but it's supposed to rain both days. GASP!



No comments:
Post a Comment