We all had cereal for breakfast, and then we headed to town to buy ice for the cooler, then we headed to Cordova Pass. The elevation where you park is 11,600 feet. We started our first hike. We did the handicap trail, which is only 1 mile, but still quite a climb. I was breathing pretty darned hard by the time we reached the top. Here are some pictures. You can't tell by the pictures that it was pretty high up, altitude wise. I was too focused on reaching the top to worry about taking any pictures.
This guy was about 9,000 feet high, and didn't seem to care. He was about 3 feet off the road.
To keep it "handicapped accessible", the trail is a constant switchback. A long but gradual climb. Anyway, we all did the handicapped trail, then we came down and Angie and the girls did the full body hike. Our hike lasted about an hour and a half. Theirs lasted 4 hours. So, they really got a full days hike in.
You can tell by their pictures that they were on a more vertical climb.
About 3 hours after I parted ways with Angie and the girls, it looked like it was going to rain, and I was becoming concerned cause I had no cell service. I finally asked if they thought the guy they were looking for was dangerous, as my daughter and grand kids were out there. They didn't think he'd stay on the trails. I was getting so angry with Angie for being gone and it had already sprinkled on me in the parking lot, and the thunder and lightening was awful. As I was talking to the sheriff, they all walked up. I told him I was going to tell them I'd called the sheriff for help finding them. He thought it would be funny. I saw Chloe first, and said "I'm so glad you're safe. These policemen have been looking all over for you." Her face turned red and she immediately did an about face, told Angie something, then ran for the car. Angie came over and said I'm sorry, I should have expected her to do something like that. He said something about we're glad you're safe. Then I finally told her it was a joke, they were there for something else. She left, and I said to the sheriff..... I can't believe she would stay out there so long with all the thunder and lightening. He said.... yeah, I know you and I would never have done that would we? I laughed and said... well..... I would have stayed all night. He said he would have also. He was a good sport.
We left, and as we drove off, we saw about 5 trucks loaded with ATV's headed up the mountain to join the hunt. Here are a couple of pictures on our way home.
My oh my.... that was all our excitement for the day. UNTIL.... Angie got email. Someone hacked her debit card the other day.... well today, they tried to use it on Walmart.com. Wow.... I sure hope they get the person. We suspect a Chili's employee.... from their Corsicana location. She ate there 3 weeks ago, and the charge never posted until yesterday..... which is not allowed per Chase, and the amount was weird. Now, all of a sudden Walmart? Hmmmmm.
As I finish this up, it's 9:41 pm Dallas time, and we again have a thunder/rain storm. It is a little on the cool side here... low 60's. We have so been enjoying the cool weather. I wore long pants today, and even a sweater. That's it for now. I'm getting ready to take some pills to help me sleep.
Have a great one.



No comments:
Post a Comment