We ended up being paired with another couple and their 5 year old son, who were also from Dallas. Just a little different address..... Royal and Hilcrest. Yup.... big bucks. Anyway, our tour guide was a college student, and his only goal in life right now is to have fun doing rafting trips till he graduates next year. Then he's getting a real job. That's his version.
Here are a few shots of our morning. There is one funny thing. They have an agreement with Garlic Mikes Restaurant to launch from their back river access. LOL! Morgan had already checked it out while we were waiting on our dinner (see previous post). By the way, check out my water socks. They're supposed to keep your feet warmed. Don't know if they work or not, cause my feet were cold all the time. Maybe they work, but I didn't want to take them off to find out.
After the rafting, we came back to the cabin, changed clothes, and decided to drive an hour over Monarch Pass to reach Salida. As we were headed out, we stopped at the Farmer's Market they have every Saturday in Gunnison. We snacked on a pizza, hand made for us by Olympic Cross Country Ski Medal Winner Rebecca Dussault. We met her at the same place last year. They own a portable brick oven, and they do events around the area. They live on a "farm" in the area. Angie and I ran in one shop looking for Christmas Ornaments, which we didn't find one that suited us. (Yeah, Gary is smiling now....) Then were were off to Salida.
Salida is Colorado's version of Austin. A real artistic community, with lots of shops, music places, water rafting, bars... all in their historic downtown area. We lucked out, as they had an art show going on. We rambled around for a while, then went to the Boat House and ate. I had some of the best shrimp tempura I've ever had. I got the appetizer size and fries. Angie had a chili relleno burrito (made in egg roll dough), Chloe and Morgan.... chicken strips, hot sauce & chips, and french fries. We ended up taking about half of it home. We were eating on the patio, watching people float, stand up paddle board, kayak, and raft the river. It was a great time. THEN...... THE RAINS CAME.
Angie dashed off for the car with Chloe, and Morgan and I waited 15 friggin minutes for our bill. Then Chloe and Angie picked us up and we headed back over Monarch Pass.... in the rain. Thank goodness we got ahead of the storm. We had a dry drive back to Gunnison. This is one of the most beautiful places we've ever seen. There is eye candy every where. We go in, and I tried fixing a video I had uploaded earlier in the morning. The darned .mov format didn't work correctly on the Youtube upload. I worked on it all night. DAMN! Anyway, I tried uploading it to Google+, and that took all night.
Got up this morning, and the video did upload, now I need to figure out how to share it without letting the entire world see it. That's another task. I did make cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting (yup.... Safeway store is near by and that's where I got them) this morning. We're leaving in a little while for a boat tour. Our last day in Gunnison. Later....

No comments:
Post a Comment