FINALLY! I broke down and called myself to get the new modem for our DSL.... excuse me.... U-Verse internet. They installed it yesterday. They started at noon. I took Dad to the eye surgeon. They were gone when I got back. Of course, the DSL did NOT work. Gary ran cat 5 wire to replace the existing cat 3 while the DSL installers were gone. They finally came back and finished up around 7 p.m.. It is so nice to be back to normal. Well, that is normal for me.


I know it was a few days ago, but here's a picture of the sleet/snow mix from Tues. and Wed. It sure made it hard to travel to McKinney for the dermatologist for Dad. We had a Tuesday 8a.m. appointment. We were not late, it was really pretty easy. Coming back took longer because the traffic at 9 was so much heavier. The doctor had to do another biopsy on his nose again. It's only been 3 times on it, so maybe this will be a charm. I went to PT in the afternoon. My incision is looking really good.

Angie and family came over last night for grilled burgers (yes, Gary cooked). Grilled burger are one of Chloe's favorite meals. She eats only meat and bread, then dips it as she eats it in ketchup. She eats two! They left around 7:30. The dog, Stella, had been outside for about 2 hours, and I decided it was time to get her in. She wouldn't come, so I found her and she had a opossum treed. About 30 minutes later, I heard Stella screaming. I ran outside, and she was coming up the stairs. She cried for about 30 minutes. She didn't want anyone to touch her, so we left her alone. She and Dad finally went to bed around 9.
This morning, my agenda included my physical therapy in the morning, and Dad to the foot doctor to have his broken foot checked. I also had to go to by Sam's cause the eye surgeon gave Dad an additional RX. I got there at 8:55 (they are supposed to open at 9am), they got there at 9:10, and I asked if they could have the RX ready by 10:30. No problem. I got there at 10:45, and it still wasn't ready. It wasn't ready until 11:20. Guess I don't need to say I was PO'd. Dad got a passing grade from the foot doctor. He's good to go until he has another problem. We all decided to include pix of all of our boo-boos. We've got shoulder, foot, and butt covered.

Got home, and Angie had taken Stella to the VET. $136 later, the vet had put Stella on antibiotics and pain pills. She had a deep puncture on her left hind leg quarter. Naturally I got a pix to post. It's about the size of a hole in a sheet of school lined paper. That goes on for 10 days. Then, she needs teeth work. She something similar to gingivitis, if I understand correctly. It's because she eats only soft foods.

Angie and the girls came over for Morgan's favorite meal. Goulash, mashed potatoes, and hot bread. Morgan actually eats two servings of the mashed potatoes. Angie asked her if she'd like the recipe for goulash so they could make it at her house. She said no, Mimi already knows how to cook it like I like it. I'll just have her cook it for me. That settled that.
Now, I've cooked for everyone except Gary, Angie and Dad. I can take care of Angie and Gary in one meal. They like roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, bread, salad, etc. Dad prefers chicken fried steak with "taters" and gravy. What a diverse set of eater. However, it is mainly meat and potatoes.
I've finally read all my e-mails. Sheila and I are going to meet for lunch tomorrow, Chinese food. Then, Sat. morning, she leaves for Canada for Xmas. Her mum, Joyce, will come back with her for a month visit. We're going to have fun when she does.
Guess I'll close with a HELLO to Carlos. Thanks for checking up on me. I am soooo anxious to start the Telco Golf League again. Make that ANY golf league again.

No comments:
Post a Comment