Dad and Gary came up last night for a short visit. Angie takes me to hospitals and ER trips, and Gary stays with the girls, and takes my Dad on car trips. It works out well for all of us.
My angiogram was scheduled for 1pm today. Of course, they were running over an hour behind. I finally got in there, and off they started. I was awake, as far as I know, but it only lasted 20 seconds. Guess they did put me all the way out at one point. It was a breeze. Well, except I failed the angiogram. I had a 99% blockage of the left coronary artery. They put a stint in, and I should be good to go.
UNFORTUNATELY, my trip to Vegas got canceled. I called American Airlines, and they were more than happy to help me cancel my trip, and even offered me credit for the entire purchase price of the ticket, which was on sale for something like $236. Oh, by the way, whenever I want to cash in my credit, all I have to do is pay those jerks $150 and they'll apply the remainder to my next air ticket. Wow, $80.... aren't they grand?
Angie had called and told Sheila about my health problem, and Sheila called back this evening. We didn't pick up the call because the doctor was with us. When I called Sheila back to tell her I was okay, she was too damned busy to talk. Something about Mel being on a winning streak and they call me later. I never did get to tell them how I was. Matter of fact, they never called back. Mel must be on quite a roll. Go Gals Go!
So while I was getting a stint, Gary was traveling to Houston so Dad could attend W.S. Bellows 95th anniversary party. He retired from that company about 12 years ago. I spoke with Gary earlier this evening, and Dad was in seventh heaven. Unfortunately, he ignored Gary all night, which is really great. It meant he was having a ball.
My devoted, precious daughter spent almost all day here. She left a few minutes ago. I don't know what I'd do without her. I am so blessed to have her, the world's best daughter.
I'd take pix, well I already have, but don't have the stuff here with me to add them to the blog. Maybe when I get home.
Later, ain't life grand????
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment