I have no idea where my time has gone. Tuesday I put my car in the shop for an oil change, tire rotation, and had them check the transmission. Tuesday night, Sheila, Margie, Sue and I went to a Maibock Tapping Party at Gordon Biersch Brewery and Restaurant. The beer was an Einbecker-style strong auburn colored beer. Sheila and Margie liked it, I went for a light colored beer, and I have already forgotten what it's called, maybe Golden Export something. Very good. We decided to go ahead and eat there. Margie had filled up on appetizers at the bar, so she had dessert, the rest of us got their Mediterranean pasta dishes. All were good.Wednesday morning, I purchased another tooth crown. This "should" be my last one. I am so glad, cause even with insurance, I spent almost $700 AFTER insurance paid. The repair shop called and my car has a problem, and it's not ready. Played "at" golf Wednesday night. Carlos, Sheila, Gary and I all shot a 45. We played Ka-Ching (a golf coin game), and Sheila and Carlos were the big winners. (That's a nice way to say Gary T and I lost money!)
Thursday was FWGA golf. Sue and I played, but Sheila decided to be a good girl and stay home and do some yard work. Yuck! (She's getting read for her Vegas vacation.) Sue and I toughed it out and finished 18 holes, but is was windy!
Friday morning, I had a meeting with all the PA's and Don at the course. Angie had to give me a lift because I'm still without a car. Gary T and I were going to play a practice round after the meeting, but it rained, so he just gave me a lift home. The girls came over and spent the night as usual, but Dad, Angie, and Gary actually went with us to eat at El Fenix. After dinner, Angie gave me a lift to pick up my car. It is an 06 Expedition with 25,000 miles on it. One of the clutches had burned up, and they had to pull the transmission to fix it. Thank goodness it was covered by warranty. It's hard to believe I've had that car almost 3 years. I still love driving it.
Saturday I got up early for my FGA tournament. I played with Gary T, Sheila played with Lynn (Margie's son), and Margie and Ralph played together. It was a 9-9-9 tournament. One nine is a scramble, one is an alternate shot, and one is a best ball. Are you sitting down? Sheila won Nada..... Margie won Nada...... the embarrassing part, Gary T and I came in last place in the low gross competition. We were close to the bottom, but not last on the low net competition.
I must say, Gary T did really well. I was sick all day long with extreme heart burn and didn't play very well. I didn't finish a lot of holes. I ended up calling Angie after 8 holes and had her bring me some medicine. If I had quit, we'd have both lost our tournament money, and Gary would have had to quit because it was a "team" event. It doesn't pay to play when you're sick. Oh well, maybe next month.
Saturday evening, Angie and group came over, including Gary's daughter Melissa. They'd been to a festival in Ft. Worth. Morgan had her face painted, and I hope that's the last time. Her body does not take well to anything with red color. It just won't wash off.
Angie takes her new camera everywhere, She took this pix of Morgan. It was NOT a staged photo. Morgan saw a cowboy in this same pose, and she decided to mimic him. Angie thinks the guy was spitting his chewing tobacco juice into a coke can. UGH!
Morgan had all of us adults build a paper airplane. Then we ended up on the deck attempting to see which would fly the furthest. Eric's always went furthest, so I copied his design, and came in second once. Honestly, Melissa got hers to go the furthest, but she cheated... she put a rock in hers and threw it.

Today was a do nothing day. I was up almost all night with heart burn (it never went away), but am finally better. Just a little flare up this evening after dinner. Angie and Eric bought a roast and potatoes, and I cooked dinner for all of us. I also made two cakes from scratch. One was a lemon cake, good, but the frosting was just toooo sweet for my taste, but very lemony (is that a word?) tasting. The other was Karen's Cake, or down here they call it a Texas Sheet Cake. It is always a hit.
Here it is, 10:45 pm and I'm drying clothes and blogging. Sheila left for Vegas today, and I'm attempting to get a few things done, cause I leave to join her and Mel Wednesday. This should be one fun trip. Mel is a hoot! I also know Sharon M who is Canadian. Guess it's a Canadian thing, cause they're all so cool and fun to be around. Gotta run.....


No comments:
Post a Comment