Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WHERE DO I BEGIN????


Monday night, Stella refused to come in to the house at bedtime. Gary and Dad gave up trying and sent me out. She pretty much does what I want..... so I called, but she refused to come in. I finally got a flashlight, and here's the reason....




Her barking had no effect on the HUGE opossum. Look at it's feet! This is the mom to the one that I posted a few days ago. You should see the Dad! He's gigantic. Anyway, after I acknowledged that Stella had an opossum, she pranced right in.


Played my debut (pronounced dee-butt) game of golf with the seniors. I played with "Bobby" and "Cliff". They're both Vietnam veterans. Bobby has more war, navy seal stories than you can imagine. After seven holes of my bad golf, stupid war stories, and 2 1/2 hours of slow play, I decided it was time for a change. I started to threaten the guys that if they told one more war story, I was going to start telling about women's baby labor pain and baby delivery problems. I then decided since I was new, that it would maybe make me unpopular. You all know how I feel about that..... so I just left.




I took a barrell of "Red Truck" wine over to Sue's for the Mah Jong lunch party. Everyone was there except Gerry. Sue was drinking white wine, Sheila had a bloody Mary, and Margie was drinking coffee with Bailey's. Aren't we a really diverse group of women? We all commenced playing for the Mah Jong Trophy, which is truly coveted by all for it's beauty.
Sue made a breakfast casserole.... here's the recipe....
The Ms Connie Gibbons NTPRGMJC casserole
(TMCGNTPRGMJCC for short)

-12 oz breakfast sausage
-6 english muffins, cubed
-1/4 cup butter, melted
-4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
-4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
-1/2 cup chopped onion
-1/2 cup chopped red pepper
-12 eggs
-2 cups milk
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon pepper
-1/4 cup bacon bits

Cook sausage, add onions at end for a minute. Cool slightly. Place cubed muffins in greased 13" x 9" pan. Drizzle with butter. Layer with sausage, cheese, and red pepper. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper Pour over muffin mix. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Remove from frig. 30 min. before baking. Uncover and bake 350 F 45-50 min. or until knife comes out of center clean. 12 servings or 4 if you've had a lot of wine :)......:) sue
You must try it, it's fab! Anyway, are you sitting down???????? You know how I hate to brag...
I WON THE MAH JONG TROPHY
This is a first for me. Course it helped that Margie is new, Gerry was a no-show, Sheila is having bad luck ever since she left for Vegas, and Sue probably mis-counted her money, cause I only beat her by $0.10. But hey mon! Whatever it takes. When I get it, I'll post a picture of the coveted trophy.
While I was there, Chloe called to tell me about the "wild" turtle they had captured at the creek. I promised her I'd go look at it after I finished Mah Jong. Got home and true to my word, I went to see the turtle. Here is a pix of the turtle, and part of the garden Gary has slaved on ever since February. What can I say about either one?
Nuff said.... I've gotta load up for Telco Golf.

No comments: