Does the pix on the right look familiar? I was told that I "failed" to post it from Red Lobster where we dined Saturday night. Here it is.(The girls spent Saturday night.) Gary got up Sunday and fixed "the girls" breakfast, then he and Dad went to IHOP while we girls ate.
I've blogged in the past about Bob Cats, Snakes and Opossum, so now it's time to cover Armadillo's. Here's a video from Sunday afternoon. It was in the back yard, and it was AFTER 2 days or more of heavy rain. Stella initially found the baby, chased it until it got separated from the Mom. That's when all heck broke loose.
Stella chased the Mom (armadillo), the Mom chased Morgan, Morgan chased the baby...Hi Ho the Dairy Oh, this is a friggin zoo!
After the armadillo chase, Chloe decided to make our dinner. (Her party Fri. night was held at a cooking school, and she learned to prepare homemade pasta noodles, and red (as in spaghetti) sauce.) I shopped and got the required ingredients. I thought I was ready.
Did I do okay? NO! I didn't have a pasta machine. Off Chloe and I go to the mall. I refused to pay $149 for the ones at Macy's and Dillard's that fit my Kitchen Aid, so we had to shop several places. I finally found one for $40 at Bed Bath and Beyond. We were both soooo happy.
Got home, started dinner at 4:30. We got the first serving on the table at 7:30. She used one of my tricks..... starve them and then anything will taste good. Honestly, it took forever for the two of us to figure out how to make the noodles with the machine. She was sooo proud, and I don't blame her. It really was delicious.
I was so busy picking up dough off the floor, etc., that I failed to take pix. Dang! We made enough pasta dough for a serving for 6 adults. After all the dropped dough was tossed, we only had enough for 2 servings. Chloe got one, and I shared the other with the rest of us. I also made some pre-made noodles and we did all get to eat the sauce. She's becoming quite the little cook.
If we try it again, I'll have her do a cooking video. She'll love that!
Did go to the heart doctor today. I'm good for another 6 months. I am to avoid having any surgery unless it's an emergency. There went the knee replacement. Gary's gonna croak.... that is another long story. I paid extra premiums to my insurance company to decrease my out of pocket, allowing for the knee surgery. Whoops. Oh well, it's always something.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOYCE.........

No comments:
Post a Comment