Saturday, May 2, 2009

NON-TYPICAL SATURDAY

Today was dress rehearsal for Morgan's ballet recital. Talk about excited! The first thing she had her mother do when they picked up the dress, was to come to my house so we could photograph her like we did Chloe when she got her recital dress. It really wasn't too bad a day for that, cause it's a little overcast, so the sun was no problem (yes, it's spring in Texas).
We got several good shots, as you can see. Things just got going when Stella cornered a snake about 4 feet from us. Stella was barking, we girls were screaming for Gary, and Stella and the snake are going at it. I finally get Stella in the house, and then Angie finds a nest full of several snakes.EEEKKK!!!! (Remember, the only good snake is a dead snake!) They were just babies, maybe a foot and a half long, but very skinny.

Stella, bless her little ol doggie heart, kept after the snakes until she finally killed one. Anyway, Gary was aggrivated, but I was glad. The snake book we have says you should not kill a non-poison snake. You can tell if a snake is poison by looking at the anal plate. Now.... if I'm wanting to know if a snake is poison before I decide to kill it...... do you think I'm gonna look close enough to check out his butt? Right... kill first, ask questions later. Obviously, I'm not related to Ewell Gibbons. I know, he ate trees, but still.... he was an earthy guy.
Since the girls didn't spend last night (too many soccer things and b-day parties in one evening), they came over after all the recital practices. Chloe did have her piano recital, but I was with Morgan at her ballet recital so I missed it. ANYWAY.... tonight we ate at Red Lobster. I personally think it's WAY overrated. I got fried shrimp....okay, but Long John's can beat them, and the french fries were stale. Oh well, what do you expect for $16?
I'm getting ready to watch "Murder She Wrote" with Chloe, cause I accidentally erased last nights "Ghost Whisperer", which we usually watch. BAD MIMI! We three girls will then sleep till noon, and expect Papa Gary to make us a special breakfast.... and he will do it. (As a matter of fact, he cooked for everyone this morning.)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SUE D.

No comments: