Sunday, May 31, 2009

PLAYING CATCH UP AGAIN

I cannot keep up anymore. I am behind in blogging..... thank you all very much for nagging me. I must say, I've been either golfing or ill! This darned stomach thing is gonna be the end of me yet! Last week, I started having severe muscle aches and pains. The heart doctor took me off of four medicines thinking that'd do it. I almost gave up, until I realized two days ago that the pain was pretty much gone. Now, we're adding them back one at a time to see which one was the culprit.



Sheila went to Boston last week, so she didn't have her pool opening party. I was glad, cause I had a conflict and went camping with the grand kids. Sheila also missed the free ball game tickets that Gary T. provided us girls, as did Margie. Margie is feeling fine, just didn't want to sit in the hot sun and watch a ball game. It ended up being Sue, Clay and Mark, but they had fun. They were there for several hours enjoying the free food and drink, and did manage to watch the one hour ball game. I still don't know who won.....



Wed, Gary T and I played in the Telco league. It was fun, but we did make big note of the fact that Sheila was absent. Carlos played well, and Gary and I did okay..... nothing bad nor good.



Sue D and I played together against Sheila's team and Gerry's team in the FWGA's monthly tournament on Thursday. Gerry's team won something, but not the rest of us. It was actually so much fun for Sue and I. We both played effortlessly... and well. It is so much fun to play when you're playing well, and by the way..... we were in a four way tie for 3rd place. We lost the scorecard playoff. We shot a whopping 4 under, which I thought was really good.



Friday, Gary T and I played in a charity tournament with Sharon and Craig P. Get this..... we shot something like 12 under, and came in like 6th place. The winning team, which did include Frankie and TK, shot 20 under par. Yeah.... I need to find a better pencil! Between Gary T and I, we won a $20 Tractor Supply gift card, a Wrangler Western Wear gift certificate for any item of our choice in any western wear store that carries their items, and a one year vip pass to PGA Superstores practice range. I'm most excited about that. Now I don't have to practice in the wind and rain and hot sun. That is sooooo cool.



If you continue to read the posts following this one, you'll get caught up on the rest of the week. Have fun, and if I can get my health under control, I'll post more often.

No comments: