$100 overall low net for the tournament
each of us received joy-pro golf shoes ($130 retail) (I upgraded mine to my-joy's, which cost $155, so I paid the difference)
we won $24 on our individual $12 pari-mutual bets
we won $25 for having the lowest net today
we also got free breakfast, lunches, and one happy hour.
We all highly recommend the Stonebridge tournament.
I have pix's, but I don't have time to post them. I'll explain at the end.
Saturday morning, after our glorious finish at Stonebridge, Sheila and I played in an FGA tournament together. It was a stableford competition. We needed to earn 25 points. Just fyi, the guys we played with needed to make 46... just to give you an idea. Sheila had come down with a terrible cold, and was miserable. But, like the good friend (or maybe that's stupid friend), she stayed for the entire 18 holes. By the way, it rained all day long. They play regardless of weather, as long as it's not lightening. You get 1 point for bogie, 2 for par, 3 for birdie, 4 for eagle, and maybe a zillion for a hole in one. Man, we couldn't make crap. We scored a total of something like 11 points all day long. We couldn't drive, putt, chip, hell, we even had trouble driving the cart! Good news, we didn't finish dead last!
Wednesday I played with the Exchange Womens Group at Heritage Ranch (country club of course) along with Gerry. My team rocked! We played a four person 2 best balls net, and we scored 118. There were 2 teams with 116 for 1st place tie, and one other 118 for a tie for 2nd place. Okay, there were about 160 ladies there. We each chipped in $5 for the tournament prize fund. What did I get? A friggin cabbage plate. No joke. It's ugly..... and what do I want with one cabbage plate. I'll photo it later, and post it. By the way, 1st place got a cabbage chip and dip set. GAG! Don't you just hate it when you get screwed and not even kissed?
I got home from that about 2:30, and Gary T came by and picked me up, then Sheila for our Telco league. We played a mini-game between we three and Carlos. Sheila and Carlos against Gary T and me. Those are two of the biggest sandbaggers! We had them whipped, then Sheila conned Gary T into a double or nothing on the last hole. He's such a push-over for Sheila and her damned bets. YUP! They won. There went $10.
Today, Sheila, Gerry and I played with the FWGA. I shot like crap.... but my legs are killing me. I ALWAYS have an excuse. Sheila did okay.... but she couldn't putt today. Well, she could putt, she just couldn't get the ball in the hole. I went to the heart doctor today about the leg pains, and he's taken me off of 3 medicines to see if one of them is causing it. I'm also going to drop Calcium, as Paula Y told me it caused her problems. Live and learn.
Sheila decided she wasn't contagious, so we three gals met Margie for lunch. She looks great, and is doing well. She's already whining to the doctor that she wants to start golf again. That Girl is AMAZING! One note. Prior to the surgery, they had not detected any cancer in one of her breasts. She opted for a double mastectomy, and she must have had God on her side. They do biopsies on everything they take out, and the biopsy showed cancer in both breasts. Thank goodness she went with her gut feeling. That keeps her from having to go thru this again. Course, we all need to say a prayer for her continued speedy recovery.
Gerry, my rich friend, bought everyone lunch. By the way, the waiter thinks I'm the coolest. I won't go into why... the girls all gag when I tell why.
I have just spent the last 4 hours packing for my weekend. I'm going with Angie and her family tent camping for the long weekend. I know.... I must be going nuts! I am taking plenty of books, insect repellent, and coffee. I don't have to cook or anything. Oh great. I forgot... I was supposed to bake brownies Guess I better get busy.
I'm going to close this down for tonight... it'll be a few days before I update it again. One more item in closing....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARY T.
YOU REALLY ARE BECOMING QUITE THE OLD FART!

No comments:
Post a Comment