Monday, October 19, 2009

DAMN.... I HURT

I ended up NOT going camping with Angie and her clan this past weekend. Instead, Thursday, Marilyn T and I worked the afternoon portion of the TEXAS (as in Hookem Horns Fans) Golf Tournament. We worked hard for a good 3 hours. Whew, my back was really starting to hurt when we finally called it a day.

Friday, I just laid around with the heating pad, feeling sorry for myself. Finally got Gary to go to the Lake to take my place. Same thing Saturday. Did finally start to feel a little better, then Angie called. They left the lake to sleep at home Saturday night because it was just too cold for Morgan (Asthma) to ge any rest. Once home, Chloe didn't want to go fishing again, but Morgan did, and conned Gary in to taking her and "Avery the boy" fishing at Crowley park. Eric was fine with that, cause he didn't have to mess with continually replacing lost bait for 2 girls while he tried to fish.

Gary took Morgan and Avery to Crowley, and Angie harassed me to going to the LAST DAY of the Texas State Fair. I wasn't over my back ache, so I agreed to go only if she'd push me in a wheel chair. SHE SNAPPED THAT UP! We were off. I am sooooo glad I didn't try and walk it, cause it moved about 1 foot an hour. Where do all those people live? I'll blog about the fair in a couple of days...... this is just a quick catch up.

Monday, I had a 9:30 appointment to have 2 masses removed from my tongue. No big deal.... Angie came and picked me up. Got there FINALLY, and I hadn't taken enough antibiotics prior to the procedure, so they have me additional medicine and I laid in the operating chair an additional hour. Here's something you may not know. When they do surgury on you, at least for mouth surgery, they ground you. Yup, a big metal freezing cold disc is wired to something and is placed on your once upon a time warm stomach for the entire procedure.

Anyway, the doctor finished up, and sent me home with Angie, Hydrocodone, and some Promethazine. IT HURTS! It's also quite swollen, and difficult to swallow. I cannot lay down, I must keep my head above my heart, so I'm in a recliner for the night. It's been a long night so far. It's now almost 1am., and I took a round of pain pills. I'm going to post pictures of the Fair and my mouth tomorrow. I just didn't want to wake Gary by rummaging around thru my desk in the bedroom. I am soooo considerate, and such a good wife.

Anyway, Sheila had been hard at work the last week. Seems she got hung up with AT&T on a Canadian abbreviation. She wrote her order for (an example) 124 S Fifth street. People at AT&T don't recognize the Canadian abbreviation of "S" for South. They wanted So. I know, I know..... I use S all the time and don't seem to have a problem. Hopefully, I'll talk to her later this week and update.

For right now, I'll just continue drooling like an old person (it hurts too much to swallow, and I cannot spit cause that is terrible.). Angie has pix of my tongue yesterday, and she'll probably get more today, cause it's quite swollen. Oh, I can't quite close my teeth together. GASP! Now, if the thought of looking at pix of all that doesn't bring you back, what would?

No comments: