Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oh the Agony!

First of all, I'm miserable. Before I go into my woe is me writing, here's a pix of the candy I won at the S K Tournament. Angie wanted to know why I hadn't blogged it, so here is is. The jar is about 2 1/2 feet tall, and weighs about 20 lbs.

Got up today, and feel better physically, cause the drugs they used to put me to sleep are leaving my body. However, MY TONGUE SURE HURTS. Have you ever bitten your tongue, and the pain goes all the way down into your throat? That's what it feels like when I move it. This pix is of me yesterday, and this is as far closed as my mouth will go, cause my tongue is so swollen.

This should keep you from eating for a while. This pix is of the two places they took out the nodules. There were 3 stitches in the front one, and 6 in the back one.
This one shows how swollen my entire tongue is, and how white it is...gag! There is one long stitch in the middle of my tongue. The tongue is black in places today where they used a clamp to keep it in position while they removed the nodules.

Are you sitting down? I'm sick of chocolate ice cream. I tried eating crackers today, and realized that's the worst thing I can try. They do melt in your mouth after a while, but then I can't use my tongue to move them to swallow them. I gave up and went to the store tonight and bought myself some orange sherbert. I'm that desparate. Between ice cream and Coke Icee's from the local gas station...... that's all I seem to get down. Oh, Angie did make me some tomato basil soup which went down really well, but burned the crap out of my tongue.
Enough of my trying to get you to feel sorry for me..... I've taken a pain pill, and I'm calling it a day. I will try and blog the State Fair Pix tomorrow.

No comments: