
I'm sitting here at McD's blogging cause the house cleaners are working at the house, and I don't like to be there. Here's what happens when you let your 7 year old grand daughter take your camera to school. No...... I don't know this kid, but supposedly it was "crazy hat" day at school. First graders can really be original. I just hope it was clean when he put it on.


I'm not sure what this has to do with the fence, cause the bush is no where near it. Anyway, he gets the clippers and starts that. This is the before... I didn't get the after, cause he caught me watching and taking pix.
A few hours later, he's back on track to work on the fence project again. Whoops, no post hole digger. Persoanlly, I can't figure out why he can't find it..... This is a pix of HIS half of the garage.
He comes to inform me the neighbor is now practicing his bow and arrow skills in the back yard. Now, one week later, Stella still attacks the deer every time she goes out back. She can't figure out what it is, and has peed on it's legs every day at least 3 times a day. It's also been shot a zillion times by the neighbor. He is, by the way, a professional archery competitor.

Angie and I agreed with Don K. to decorate the clubhouse display case at the golf course. We did Thanksgiving, Xmas and New Year's themes. It's really a fun night..... playing casino games all night. They give everyone X amount of play money when they enter, and at the end of the night, everyone cashes in their chips. For every set amount of money, you get one ticket for the raffle prizes. It's really cool. This year, they're having a Texas Holdum Tournament, so I'll probably never see Sheila there. I loke black jack, but may try dice, if they have it again.
Okay, my battery ran down at McD's, and I am just now finishing up this blog. Angie had lunch or something with a friend, and I picked up the girls for her at the bus stop (Chloe is still on crutches). Morgan made clam spaghetti sauce and salad for dinner. I gave her my version of Sheila's recipe. Saute some garlic in olive oil, throw in some red pepper flakes, some crushed tomatoes, and a little Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Then add some clams. It was delicious. I didn't get a written version of Sheila's sauce.... but it was close. Morgan was estatic because it tasted so good, and it's so easy. Chloe went to a friends house for dinner, so she missed the good sauce. Angie came to get the girls a little later, and neither wanted to go home..... Angie left them here, and she's now at Bunco. We're in the same neighborhood, but I just am NOT a Bunco fan, so I don't play with the group of women.
Since nothing exciting every happens to me, I'm going to blog about everyday stuff at my house.

Gary finally started the fence project. He's going to build the fence on the west side of the house. He starts... he gathers up all the soaker hoses, then decides the neighbors bush needs trimming......

I'm not sure what this has to do with the fence, cause the bush is no where near it. Anyway, he gets the clippers and starts that. This is the before... I didn't get the after, cause he caught me watching and taking pix.
A few hours later, he's back on track to work on the fence project again. Whoops, no post hole digger. Persoanlly, I can't figure out why he can't find it..... This is a pix of HIS half of the garage.He finally gives up and goes to Home Depot and buys a new one. He then stores it correctly on HIS side of the garage. Problem is, it's next to the garden tractor. He decides he'll mow the common ground.
He comes to inform me the neighbor is now practicing his bow and arrow skills in the back yard. Now, one week later, Stella still attacks the deer every time she goes out back. She can't figure out what it is, and has peed on it's legs every day at least 3 times a day. It's also been shot a zillion times by the neighbor. He is, by the way, a professional archery competitor.I find the hedge clippers, and tell him he needs to put them up or they'll rust. He doesn't understand why I don't just put them up. I'm not sure where I'd put them, but he didn't like my suggestion of where he could put them.
This was a surprise. Sunday, Mark gave me a thank you package from Sheila. He explained it was an X-mas ornament to celebrate my over-feeding the cats. When I got it, I put it in my X-mas box so I could decorate my tree with it. I found an additional gift in there, and angel to remind me of Sheila. I'm not sure why she'd think I'd think of her as an "angel", but the little card attached explained it. She can honestly be an angel! It was a really pleasant surprise. The X-mas bulb is a Texas Cat, complete with hat.
This was a surprise. Sunday, Mark gave me a thank you package from Sheila. He explained it was an X-mas ornament to celebrate my over-feeding the cats. When I got it, I put it in my X-mas box so I could decorate my tree with it. I found an additional gift in there, and angel to remind me of Sheila. I'm not sure why she'd think I'd think of her as an "angel", but the little card attached explained it. She can honestly be an angel! It was a really pleasant surprise. The X-mas bulb is a Texas Cat, complete with hat.Gary took Dad to the Veterans parade in downtown Dallas. Dad and Gary were on one side of the parade route, and Dad started telling his 10 stories to a lady in a uniform. I don't think she was police, but who knows. Dad thought she was a marine (go figger). Anyway, Gary was standing about 10 feet away, and all of a sudden, he couldn't find Dad. He frantically looked for him for 10 minutes, then asked the lady to help him. She got on the radio and had 6 policemen looking for him. Then she saved the day. She saw a Marine tent across the street. That's where they found him..... 30 minutes later. Dad has never left like that before..... but to cross the street in the middle of a parade without mentioning it to Gary is a new one. I've got a child thingy that you attach one piece to the child, and one on the adult, and when they are about 30 feet apart appx., the adult portion starts beeping. We're going to try that next time.

Angie and I agreed with Don K. to decorate the clubhouse display case at the golf course. We did Thanksgiving, Xmas and New Year's themes. It's really a fun night..... playing casino games all night. They give everyone X amount of play money when they enter, and at the end of the night, everyone cashes in their chips. For every set amount of money, you get one ticket for the raffle prizes. It's really cool. This year, they're having a Texas Holdum Tournament, so I'll probably never see Sheila there. I loke black jack, but may try dice, if they have it again.
I think it turned out really well. This doesn't do it justice, or show all the hard work. We made 8X10 flyers for special events, put them in picture frames, then hung them around champagne buckets, wine glasses, etc. I'll take better pix tomorrow during open house. We will continually update it thru the holidays as we go thru the events.
Okay, my battery ran down at McD's, and I am just now finishing up this blog. Angie had lunch or something with a friend, and I picked up the girls for her at the bus stop (Chloe is still on crutches). Morgan made clam spaghetti sauce and salad for dinner. I gave her my version of Sheila's recipe. Saute some garlic in olive oil, throw in some red pepper flakes, some crushed tomatoes, and a little Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Then add some clams. It was delicious. I didn't get a written version of Sheila's sauce.... but it was close. Morgan was estatic because it tasted so good, and it's so easy. Chloe went to a friends house for dinner, so she missed the good sauce. Angie came to get the girls a little later, and neither wanted to go home..... Angie left them here, and she's now at Bunco. We're in the same neighborhood, but I just am NOT a Bunco fan, so I don't play with the group of women.
I've been working on a power point presentation for the open house tomorrow at Firewheel. It's nothing.... just a few pictures (about 7).... no music.... but that's what Brian wanted. What can I say. So, I'll work tomorrow from noon til 5pm, then start the birthday party fixins' for Sunday. It's Gary's 63 birthday....GASP...... he's so old! The girls are so excited. That's it for tonight....



No comments:
Post a Comment