st thing they want to do when they get here is crawl into bed and watch
TV. It really is weird. Anyway, they spent Friday night with me. They woke me up at 5:00 am asking for donuts for breakfast. Off I go, in PJ's (they are really more like lounging Pajamas) to get their breakfast. Then, it was hurry and rush to get Morgan ready for soccer.Morgan got off to soccer, and Chloe stayed here with me. She's still on crutches, and I think she goes back Tuesday. I hope he's got good news for her. It embarasses her to be on crutches. What will happen when she gets a zit on her chin? I got ready and went to the open house at Firewheel. It was a big disappointment...... we didn't have very much traffic. Oh well, I did my part. Don did his part, giving a few free 10 minute golf lessons.



Here is an unflattering photo of my friend Marilyn T, her husband and two grandsons. The others were good of Marilyn but not the boys....so....sorry Marilyn. They were at the open house for around 30 mins or so.
While I was at open house, Angie took the girls out in the yard for a fall picture. Aren't they cute?
I came home from the open house, and Chloe had gone to her house, and Morgan had been picked up by a Limo for a Birthday Party for one of her friends. Chloe was bored, so I picked her up and we went shopping for our party food for Gary's B-day part
Morgan came home after that, and was pouting, cause she hated the way they did her hair. I thought it was sort of cute, but tried to get a pix for her mom. She wouldn't even look at the camera. It was best to let her do what she wanted....... go to my room and watch TV. She was there for all of 5 minutes before she was sound asleep. Both girls again spent the night. Chloe realized she didn't have the candles she bought, so back I go to Tom Thumb (around 10pm) to get another set of candles. Finally, we're ready for bed. Sunday morning, both girls go to church with their Mom, and I start cooking.

Finally, at 5:30 pm, the party begins. Menu: grilled burgers and teriyaki chicken, "smashed taters", guacamole, hot sauce, chips, salad and burger fixings. Unfortunately, it started pouring down rain while Gary was cooking.
Here is a picture of my newest step-grand-dog, and I forgot her name. Anyway, Melissa (Gary's daughter) never put her down the entire time she was here, so I'm not sure if she can walk or not.
After dinner, we light the candles to the cake. Chloe picked re-lighting candles for the cake. Morgan had never seen them before, so she had great fun.

We finally cut the cake, and served it with chocolate or vanilla Bryer's Ice Cream. It is better than Blue Bell, if you ask me. Anyway, everyone had a great time. I didn't think I'd ever finish washing dishes, but I did manage. We watched a little football (the guys watched a bunch), then called it a night.
The best part of any party for the girls is opening presents and reading B-day cards. The girls bought Gary 3 Chia Heads. These are small, about the size of a large chicken egg. They are also decorated to look like the 3 of them. They will eventually grow some type of grass that will look like green hair, and it has several hair styles you can try. If they don't grow, then we'll just pretend they're my Dad!
It rained off and on thru the night, but has been nice today. Well, except the cold front that caused the rain. It's 54 degrees outside right now, but the sun is brilliant. I'm thinking of trying to find something to do. So far, not luck. At least I got the blog updated. Tomorrow I have two doctor's appointments, but that's it for the rest of the month. It's hard to believe it's almost 2010. That will be my year! No health issues, and my entire life will be fantastic. I can hardly wait. I bet I'll also break 80 again!
Here's something for you to think about.....
IF YOU LOVE SOMETHING, SET IT FREE.
IF IT RETURNS TO YOU, IT WILL BE YOURS FOREVER.
IF IT DOESN'T RETURN, IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH.
BUT, IF IT JUST SITS IN YOUR LIVING ROOM, EATING YOUR FOOD, MESSING WITH YOUR STUFF, TAKING YOUR MONEY, USING YOUR CELL PHONE, AND IT DOESN'T APPEAR TO REALIZE THAT YOU HAD SET IT FREE, THEN YOU EITHER MARRIED IT OR GAVE BIRTH TO IT.


No comments:
Post a Comment