Christmas FINALLY came to our house. Gary and the girls finished their version of decorating the house. Gary still missed his sled. Maybe next year is what I told him.
We had made our mad dash to Okla. to see Dad's sister and visit my family. Frank, my step-Dad came by for a visit on his way to Houston. Here he is with the girls.
Christmas Eve afternoon, it started spitting snow. Here's Morgan doing her thing.
By Christmas Eve night, we had a couple of inches of white snow covering the ground. It was terrible to travel in, but we were all so excited to have a white Christmas. The girls had never had one before.
We invited Gary's family over for Christmas Eve, asking that they arrive around 7pm. The first group arrived around 8, so that was pretty good for his family. (I just knew I should have said 5 pm so they'd arrive somewhere close to 7pm.) Anyway, we all had sirloin cooked just like Bar-B-Que Brisket, and it was some of the best tasting meat we've had in ages. I'll have to remember that.
Everyone always brings something to eat, and Gary provided beer and I provided wine. No, I didn't over-indulge, it's just a terrible pix of me. That's Gary's daughter on the left, Melissa. And Angie on the right. Melissa is holding the newest addition to the herd, his Great-Nephew. He was a good baby all evening. Course, who can tell, cause the poor boy never got to lay down..... he was always held by someone.
Here's a pix of our tree, before the mayhem started. For the first time ever, instead of buying for everyone, we drew names this year. I received tons of soaps, etc. from Lush. The girls and I already used some of the soaps this morning. If you haven't heard of Lush, then you must check them out online. They have a store at North Park Mall, and their soaps are made in Canada. Sierra did a great job of buying for me. I got Susan, my sister-in-law, an electric wine opener. Not sure if she was all that crazy about it, but her hubby, Loyd, liked it.
Gary got me a patio heater. Now, this isn't one of those $200 jobs that you see at Sam's or Academy. He got mine from Durango, and paid WAY too much for it.
Santa got me a new guitar for my Wii, along with the Wii Resort Game, the Wii Game SingIt (cause it came with a mic), cologne, and I can't remember what else. Everything I wanted, and more. Gary didn't get much, but he had fun buying for the girls.

Angela got a ton of stuff, and Eric did the best he's ever done. He got a Belgian waffle maker, so it was back to my house for waffles, ham and eggs for breakfast. He cooked, then the girls and Gary headed for the park to enjoy the snow before it melted.
Angela got a ton of stuff, and Eric did the best he's ever done. He got a Belgian waffle maker, so it was back to my house for waffles, ham and eggs for breakfast. He cooked, then the girls and Gary headed for the park to enjoy the snow before it melted.
The girls sledded till they were soaking wet. We don't plan for snow in the Dallas area, so they're really not prepared to stay dry. Anyway, they enjoyed every minute, even though they were soaked.
By the end of the day, the snow had melted, but not before Morgan made a snowman. Those are nuts for eyes, and a carrot nose. Hey..... it was left overs from the party.
Today, Sunday, is the end of the Wii fest we've had. We have played games and sang rock songs every day since Friday. We've had a ball, but it's time to get back to reality. I actually washed clothes today, and even put them up right away. Tomorrow, I'll put the rock band equipment away. No, not in storage, but out of the middle of the room. Tonight, I actually went over to Angie's to play the new Super Mario's game Morgan got. You can have up to 4 people playing at the same time.
By the way, I got a brief note from Sheila saying they were expecting a "brown" Xmas. I'm wondering how they fared, but she'll be home some time Monday. Gawd, I just looked at the clock, and it's already Monday here..... officially anyway. Guess I'd better shut this down and get to bed.
Hope your holidays were as much fun as mine were!

No comments:
Post a Comment