Today was nice enough when I woke up....gray sky and a temperature of only 47.5 degrees. Not bad for a December.
Gary sneaked out last night and went to Garden Ridge looking for Xmas decorations, and found nothing that sparked his interest. So off the two of us go looking for icicle lights. First stop, Home Depot. They had some that I didn't really care for, they were $30 for 10.5 feet. Next stop, Costco. They have the ones I want.... they're LED's and they cost $20 for 9.5 feet. Guess that's what I'll end up getting. We came home without them, and Gary has just finished measuring the area of the house that I want covered. Grand total.... 138 feet or approximately $320.
Gary hasn't given me the go ahead to buy them yet, and as all of you know, I always follow Gary's recommendations on how to spend money. Well, maybe not always. Wait, it is honestly more like never. But I hate seeing it written down. It looks worse than it really is. I should say "I always consider what Gary has recommended before I take any action." There, now that is the honest truth.
After looking at decorations, we pulled into our driveway and it started spitting little ice pieces. Not snowflakes, more like midget hail. That lasted about 4 minutes, then it started just plain old sprinkling rain. That also was short lived. It sure is a blah day though. Too cold outside to do anything, and nothing exciting to do in the house.
Tonight, Sheila and I and maybe Angie and Chloe are going to see the new Twilight movie..... New Moon. I'll have to write a review tomorrow. We've already heard that there are no sex scenes in it, but hey, you can't have everything.
I guess I need to be productive, and clean my side of the garage again and unload my car. Then I'll have Gary get me the Xmas decorations down from the attic. We plan on purging this year, and only keeping the stuff we really like. We've had the same thing for so many years, it's gotten old to look at. Gary made out sleigh and reindeer back in 1981 when we got out new house in Plano. Guess I'll quit blogging and start on that. #$^%&*$#% I hate work!
Later, and remember, only 24 more days til Xmas.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment