Guess the title of the blog is a dead give-away. Ralph, The Beave, Devil Dog and the Divot Diva are in a round robin scramble on Saturday. That's where you keep swapping partners. For 6 holes, Sheila and Gary T were partners while Ralph and I were partners, then it was 6 hole with Sheila and I partners, and Gary T and Ralph were partners, then the last 6 holes, Gary and I were partners and Sheila and Ralph were partners.
I will say one thing...... we just never got the partnerships to work. We lost by one stroke. Sheila mentioned that when she and I were on the easiest par 3, that our tee shots put us both in the sand. After we both had shot, we were both in the sand on the other side of the green. Our third shot got us both on the green. I was closer (gawd, am I good or what) but we used her shot because the grass between me and the hole was awful. From there, and 3 putts later, we finally holed out for a SIX. The humiliation! That's pretty much how the whole day went. Regardless of which team, both players would hit good shots at the same time, but then again, if one was bad, the other was at the same time.
ANYWAY! It was freezing cold. We were supposed to tee off at 9am, but due to the freezing temperature, we didn't get off until around 11am. Yup.... we drank beer to pass the time. Whoops, Gary T had a bloody mary. Matter of fact, Ralph didn't drink until AFTER the round. Our round would have driven anyone to start drinking. So much for that. We kept telling ourselves it was for charity..... the Toys for Tots program. We also drank while we played golf. Ralph did splurge his calories and had hot chocolate with Sheila and I, but he didn't have anything in his. Sheila had peppermint schnapps and I had coffee liquor in mine. It'll warm you up quick. Well, maybe not, but you think you are!
I stayed with a couple of PA's after the tournament and drank until 5:30, then managed to get home safely. Morgan wa here to spend the night, but she, Gary (hubby) and his daughter (my step daughter) left to watch the Nutcracker ballet. She did ask if I wanted to join them, but I begged off. As I was pulling into the driveway, my back tire caught the rock border/wall around the hedges, and I took out about 8 rocks, along a 4 foot path. I put them back hoping Gary wouldn't notice, but smashed my right index finger in the process. I'll be ill for a week now nursing that injury. I just hope I don't lose the nail.
I fed Dad (Marie Callendar's make some mighty fine TV dinners), walked Stella, and decided to blog, However, decided not to post it until after I get pictures Angela took. She and the girls attended the golf courses "Breakfast with Santa" and they were there while we were waiting to tee off. I had breakfast with them, and Angie took some pictures. Saturday night, she and Eric went to his office party in Aurora Texas (???? never heard of it personally"). When she gets a few minutes, she'll send me some pictures to blog. On second thought, I'll post this and do pictures when she finally gets them sent to me.
Nothing else going on........ except it's colder than a witches ti ... never mind.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment