Sat with a couple of girls that I haven't communicated with in ages, and one of them and I are back to being good buds again. Sheila and I were invited to Sharon M's second annual Xmas party. Sheila offered to drive me there, but with the understanding that if she had too much to drink, I was on my own, cause she would spend the night. Cool I said.
Three glasses of wine later, Sheila calls me from MY house wondering where I was. I couldn't bear to part from the FWGA "after party", cause everyone was buying wine for me. I got to the party around 5 in Frisco. We played Mah Jong and ate, then drank and ate. GAWD. That diet is really working for me. We again had a Dirty Santa gift exchange. I took an electric wine opener, which was a big hit, and I stole a plaque that explains why friends are like bras (example, they keep you centered.... on and on), and a "Divet Diva" ornament. They spelled Divot wrong, but who cares. It was meant for me.
I left around 11 or 11:30 (started partying at 11 am, so I was tired). Made it home safely, but walked in to find a messy house. And the maids are coming in the morning. I "picked" up Xmas decoration boxes, hauled them to the garage, washed clothes, etc. until 2am when I went to ed. They came in the next morning at 8:30. I went to McD's and tried to blog, but their WIFI was having trouble.
Sheila played it smart. She spent the night at Sharon's house, and started partying all over again the next morning. Gawd, to be 55 again! The painters were there when the party started, and they didn't realize that Sharon, Linda B and Sheila actually had some sleep, but they came back the next day to see them playing Mah Jong again. I'm sure they're really impressed with Sharon and her running buddies.
Friday at noon, I headed to the mall to watch Chloe's class perform Xmas Carols at Stone Briar Mall. It was basically a 4 hour trip to hear a 10 minute singing performance. It was well worth it. She was so cute. I'm being very honest when I say she was probably the cutest girl there.
Saturday, continued my Xmas preparations, then went to the FGA Xmas Party. It was sort of a dud. There was no seating, it was a stand-up cheese and wine type of affair. I got my "good" wine from the restaurant, and the only wine they offered that I saw in the party was a red. Maybe everyone else drank all the white, but I can take care of myself. Met some new people and some old friends. Angie and her family were there for the festival of lights and the singing event they had. Their food was good, but it really wasn't great for children.
I took all the kids there for a golf cart ride. They were impressed, especially when I let each of them drive. Don would kill me. However, I told them to not tell Santa we did it, cause I'd get in trouble. They all four swore they'd never tell anyone. That was probably the most fun for them of the whole event. Sheila and Mark were there, but they left early cause they were bored.
Yesterday, same old thing..... work on Xmas. Angie and the girls came over and spent most of the afternoon, so neither of us got anything done. Today, I went shopping again, and also got my new eye glasses. I am finished shopping. I just need to make a quick trip to Oklahoma, and will probably do that this coming weekend. Dad's sister, Loraine, has been ill for weeks, and they finally put her in the hospital. Dad kept telling me she was old than she was. She is actually 91, but hey, she's still kicking. She was supposed to come home from the hospital today, but we've not yet confirmed that.
Hopefully, Angie will send me some pictures of the past week so I can blog. By the way, it was beautiful today..... All God's creatures were out and about......

No comments:
Post a Comment