Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lardo Posts Again

Sunday, we had Morgan until the evening, when her parents both came home from their trips and reclaimed her.  She's a good kid, but very, VERY busy.  She decided it would be only fair to Gary that she and he go try out the lures I got him for our anniversary.  They spent the afternoon at Lake Lavon, never getting one bite.  Not on the lures, or the minnows or worms they finally bought.  I wonder if it had something to do with our recent drought.

Monday, I took my friend Dawn B. to the hospital.  She had breast cancer (stage 4) about 6 years ago.  She was horse riding a few months ago and got thrown.  Her knees and ankles started hurting her right after that, so she went to the doctor.  He noticed she kept clearing her throat, so he gave her a lung x-ray.  It ended up that she just had sinus drip, but the x-ray revealed a tumor.  Biopsies confirmed that it was cancer.  She had to have the lobe of her right lung removed. 

Dawn has no living immediate family, so a few of us are helping her out.  Her main ally is Betty C., who is approximately 75 (forgive me Betty if I'm wrong), and really in good shape.  However, Dawn had to be at the hospital at 6am.  The surgery was projected to be 5-6 hours long.  That's too long for one person, so I offered to start the day with Dawn, then Betty could come up later.  That worked out for Dawn, Betty and me.  The surgery started at 8:30.  This is a blurry picture, but the best from her phone I could get.,

Betty came up around 10 am, accompanied by Sheila.  She volunteered to drive Betty.  They're both nice friends to have.  Anyway, long story short, the surgery ended early, after only 3 hours, and they got all of the tumor, and the lymph node on the lower lung lobe.  She got settled into ICU, and we left.  She did really good, I thought.  It's amazing how much easier it is on the patient if they do robotic surgery.  After we left, we three gals went to lunch at Casa Millagro's.  It was a nice lunch, and the weather was beautiful, so we got to enjoy eating AL Fresco in the patio.

I took a long nap after getting home,.  Gary took care of dinner for the two of us... baked chicken.  No, he didn't cook, but he did make a chicken run.  I went back up to the hospital from 8-9 and visited with Dawn.  She was doing amazing.  Alert and her usual self.  Her main problem was talking, cause she felt winded.  She's not reached the authorized amount of pain meds, so she's hoping to get to go to a regular room sometime today. 

I came home and kit the sack early.  This morning, I got up early to go to the rheumetologist.  I've officially gained 19 pounds since I started taking Humira injections.  He said it happens to some people, but he doesn't know why.  I refused to accept that it's because I feel better and therefore eating more.  I stand pat on the fact that I began craving something to chew and swallow.  It had nothing to do with being hungry, I just had a compulsion to eat.  It has subsided, but now I have to start a diet to lose what I've gained.  I know, I need to lose weight anyway, and hey, what's the difference in losing 19 pounds and 90 pounds.  Whatever!

Tonight, Sue, Sheila and I are going to see Hunger Games, then out to dinner (yeah, ask me again about starting a diet).  In case I don't post again for a few days, I'm explaining why.  Then Wednesday, Sheila and I are going to play 18 holes of golf at Keeton, part of which will be with the AT&T Telco League.  Gary T. may go with us, maybe not.  Thursday, I'm playing golf with the FWGA in the morning and afternoon, and then in the evening, I'm going to meet a friend I met over the internet for dinner.

Exciting, about the internet, no?  Well, it's not THAT type of internet friend.  This is a female, Lisa F..  But, I am anxious to meet her.  She lives in Mississippi, and I met her playing WWF on my iPhone.  Her daughter is here for a robot building./design competition.  She and I tried to hook up before, but I was out of town when she was here, or something else always came up.  My next "free" day is Friday.  So.... I'll have my camera in hand.  Hopefully, I'll have something exciting to write about. 

Later



No comments: