Wednesday, March 14, 2012

LONG LONG NIGHT

All of us were sunburned after our long day in the sun.  We ordered pizza, gave up on ever getting it (Spring Break means BIG PIZZA SALES), and Janice finally drove in to Little Ceasars to get us some dinner.  We all retired fairly early last night.  Especially Morgan, who fell asleep around 5pm, got up at 7pm, then back to bed around 8:30.  About 2 o'clock this morning, I heard her screaming "Papa help me, I can't move my legs."  Of course Gary was sleeping on the couch by her bed and he never heard a thing.  I got up, and she was crying that she couldn't move her legs.  She was very hot to the touch.  She wanted to go home AT THAT VERY MOMENT, and we couldn't reason with her about anything. 

I rush to Walgreen's, and buy a Sprite and a thermometor.  Her temp was 100.  I called Angie, who advised me to give her cereal and an Advil.  Weird, but the emotional issue was probably due to blood sugar issues, and too many sweets the day before.  Don't forget, Papa Gary is here.  Anyway, I did find out that she could indeed move her legs if you touched them.  No hospital trip.  I bathed her with a cool rag, and she fell asleep.  At around 4:30 am, she woke again, calling for Papa to take her home, she was too ill to stay.  I again, sat with her, figuring that if one of us needed sleep, it would be Gary, cause he was going to drive if we had to resort to that.  her temp was only about 99, so I knew she was feeling better.  I sat with her till she again fell asleep.

I crashed, and got up around 9am.  Gary had already made a trip to McD's for coffee and me a biscuit.  Is he good or what?  She got up around 9:30, and was all smiles.  She did say she wanted to talk to Gary alone.  Off they go, and he comes back alone and asks if he can take Morgan home.  I said no, and he goes back and breaks the news to her.  She's fine with it, guess she thought it was worth a try.  She ate breakfast, and we headed for the showers,.  She had another tearful meltdown in the shower, but this time I successfully calmed her down.  We have Fruit Loops now, thanks to Gary.  We made several snack packs for take alongs so we can be prepared.

Everyone pitched in and cleaned the RV Trailer.  Then everyone went out.  Janice and her g-kids Austin and Bailee headed for the Strand to shop.  Gary and the girls headed for Moody Gardens Aquarium.  Did Gary take the Fruit Loop snacks?  NOOOOOO.  But he did take Morgan's newed drink.... sugar and caffine free Coke.  Hopefully, she'll be good to go.  I've posted a few pictures on Facebook.  I'm going to post a few here later.  I'm enjoying the quiet.  I may even take a nap.  I took Stella for a walk on the beach.  I went jut down to the end of the RV Park, and on the other side of the barricades, there are hundreds of party animals.  All young, of course.  This place is really hopping down there.

That's it for now..... I'll update later.

No comments: