Monday, March 5, 2012

What Life?

That's right, I have no life.  It's been boring.  Saturday the girls were here.  They decided Gary and I needed to take them to Top Golf.  It's like a driving range on steroids.  It's like a 3 story driving range, much like they have in Japan.  Each area has a little table and chairs, and you can drink and eat while you hit golf balls.  That is what the girls said, and Sheila had mentioned it in the past.  Off we go.  It was like a 30 minute drive because of all the traffic, and I still don't know why there was so much of it, but that's Dallas for you.  Got there, and notice that everyone is bringing their own clubs.  Duh!  I thought they'd have some for everyone to use.  Back we go to the house, another 30 minute drive, and we get our clubs.

Once again, we head out in traffic.  We get there, get all unloaded, and wait 15 minutes in line.  Finally we're at the register, and we're told there's a 2 hour wait.  What the hell are all those people doing?  I mean, why would anyone in their right mind wait that long just to hit golf balls?  Well, we didn't.  We left, drove back to my area, and ate at On The Border. 

That was an experience.  Chloe announced that she's only eating steak when she eats any place except El Fenix.  Subconsciously, she probably thinks it will be so expensive we'll quit going anywhere except El Fenix.  Oh well.  Morgan hears Chloe announce that, and she declares she isn't eating children food.  She wants her own order of Chicken Fajitas.  You know they're not on a childrens menu.  Gary always lets them do what they want.  Problem is, neither one of them will eat the guacamole, veggies, or pico that comes with the order.  They won't even eat the cheese.  They only eat the flour tortillias, meat, beans and rice.  I decided I'd forget ordering anything, and eat their leftovers.  Gary had soup and salad.  I made a wise decision, cause Morgan eats nothing anymore.  She had one tortillia with maybe 3 chicken strips in it, she put fresh lemon on it, and that was it for her.  No beans, rice,nothing else except lemonade.  I may not have had what I wanted originally (chili relleno), but I got more food than I could eat.  We came home, and the girls spent the night. 

Gary got up early and made everyone breakfast, cause the girls had to go to church.  He and I hung around the house all day, doing nothing.  Well, he did work on cleaning the garage, but didn't actually get anything done.  I didn't pretend to do anything.... I just straightened up the patio.  It was so nice out, I wanted to cook and eat on the deck.  I had steaks that had been curing (special recipe from Food Network) for 3 days, and they were ready to grill.  I found a bottle of prosecco, and I was set.  Food was great.... steak, baked sweet potatoes, yeast rolls, and a hot goat cheese salad.


Sunday was so much excitement, we just did nothing again today.  Well, I did wash my car.  I'm going to Horseshoe Bay with Margie, Sheila, and Marilyn tomorrow for a golf tournament, and I'm driving.  My car hasn't been washed in ages, so it was filthy.  I didn't vacum it, but I did haul out all the half drank cokes from the back seat.  I am taking my camera with me, so I hope to have some pictures to blog.  We'll be there from Tuesday thru Thursday.  Hopefully we'll win.

That's it for today, but wanted to touch base so everyone would know how boring my life has been.

No comments: