Last Sunday, Sheila, Carlos and I played golf. We played a game where you get a token every time you do something off the wall, like lose a ball, hit a tree, etc. There are 2 good tokens, one putt, and a special, which we decided would be for a birdie. When all was said and done, we all broke even. On the very last hole, I went in the sand, and thank goodness, Sheila went in right after I did. Hence, she got that token. I also had the three over par token, and she got that as well. The good news, she had three bad tokens, but she had both good tokens. I ended up with one negative, just like everyone else, so it worked out fine for all of us. After golf, we had a beer and some chips and hot sauce then headed home.
Yesterday I spent the day on the phone with my insurance. I fell in to some type of hole switching to medicare, and my RX insurance is messed up. They're playing for me RX to Caremark/CVS as a regular person, not a medicare person. I also found out they're trying to figure out what is going on, but now I wish I hadn't called. My co pays will increase dramatically when I go to the medicare side of the RX with Caremark/CVS. They will hit me really hard on the Humira.
After doing that, I called and scheduled a gastro appointment... for 3 frigging weeks away. The doctor is on vacation. They did start me on more steroids, and if I'm not better in one week, they're send me to a different doctor to put me on a higher does of steroids. What ever! I just want to feel a little better...SOON!
Tomorrow, Margie and I are supposed to play in a golf tournament at a place called Holly Lake. It is, unfortunately 3 hours away. We have already paid, and it's supposed to rain. Problem is, the course is closed on Tuesdays, so we can't call and see if they plan on having it or not. Our dilema is.... if we don't leave at 5am, we can't get there in time for the tournament. The danged pro shop doesn't open till around 6:30. So do we drive and hope it doesn't rain, only to find out it's being canceled, or just not go and forfeit our money? I say we go, we can always go to Hebert's meat market and pretend we always drive 3 hours to buy meat. Either way... it's a pain.
I didn't post all the pictures from out outing to Top Golf, so I decided to add some now.
Here's Gerry's swing.....
Here's Sheila's swing....
Now, to slightly change the subject.....
This past weekend, Eric took Morgan on a father/daughter camp out with several of his buddies. They went to Lake Mineral Wells State Park. Morgan attempted rock climbing again. This time, she was successful in reaching the top. I have a video of her first climb. She eventually (in my opinion) decided she was better than the other girls and showed off by going to the top of the big climb. It is so great. I've also decided maybe she doesn't want to compete with Chloe. SISTERS!
Nothing much else is going on. Margie just called and decided we are not even going to attempt to do the tournament tomorrow. If we're lucky, it will be canceled and we'll get our money back. If not, we'll each lose only $45 in entry fees, and we won't have spent about $25 to get there. We're going to go to Curves in the morning instead. Margie and I are getting our eyeliner job done next week. Sheila, maybe Margie and I are going to see Lost Vegas tomorrow night. That should be fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment