Saturday, November 30, 2013

ALL ABOUT FACEBOOK

This is not about me, or family or friends.  This is about my FOE..... FACEBOOK

My Aunt (Dad's sister) had a daughter, who lived with us while she went to college.  As I got married and moved state to state, sort of lost touch with her.  I'd see her maybe every 5-10 years... you know how it goes... funerals.  Anyway, she had a child that I never really knew.  My cousin died several years ago, and the past year, her child sent me a friend request on Facebook.  I have one other child of a cousin that did the same thing.  I believe both of them are super needy.  The type of people that posts things like " I want to know who my real facebook friends are.  If you do not read this and make a comment, I will unfriend you."  Of course, I never comment on these types of posts.  They do not unfriend me, so whatever.  Guess it's the only way they can get comments.  One of them actually calls at 11 pm to chat.  Crap, I thought something was wrong.  I now watch out for their number.

If you don't have Facebook, you might be unfamiliar with this.  If you do have Facebook, you also might be unfamiliar with this.  There is a place on your screen that mentions "people you may know".  It is generated by Facebook, like they do "suggested apps"... based on what your Facebook friends are doing.  They want you to increase your friends list.  They actually go through your current friends and view their friends list.  I know you can go to a person and view their friends list (unless it's blocked) and then there is a list of "mutual friends".  Facebook only screens for non-mutual friends.  Then, they put those profile pictures and names on your screen as "people you may know", and it tells you how many mutual friends of the person they're showing that you and that person have in common.  Up until a couple of days ago, I didn't mind.

THEN...... I hop on my phone to view my Facebook wall, and there under "people you may know" is a pornographic picture of two men having sex.  WTF?  I almost fainted.  I looked, and it said we had one mutual friend in common.  Well, no big deal, I'll just see who it is and then they'll have hell to pay.  The only way to find the mutual friend is to click on the name under the picture.. it also had two words in the name that ticked me off.... I mean who has a name that has kiss and dick as part of it?  The first screen of the wall was full of filthy language.  Yup... even I blushed.  I get to their friends list, and they have thousands of friends, and live in Ghana.  It took almost an hour, but I find a name I recognize.  yup.... my deceased cousin's child  I go to my message screen and type off a letter saying I resent seeing that crap, and am unfriending them.  Then I unfriend the person and go about my business.  Here comes the "people you may know" screen again.... same picture, followed by 5 other pornographic type of pictures and pictures of men in tight underwear, in the shower with other men... on and on.

I immediately call Angie, my PC daughter.  She worked on it from her house.  Evidently, the idiot had put me in the "family" with people that are sick!  She deleted me, but it didn't delete all the existing weirdos from my iphone.  It did delete them from my PC view of Facebook.  I have deleted the app, and then reinstalled it, no fix.  I also attempted to find "anyone" or "someone" with Facebook that would help.  Well, you have to be able to "click" on the picture that is pornographic, and then you can report it.  You can also do a lot of stuff, if you have a URL to any bad stuff.  The problem was.... the feed was directly from Facebook, so I couldn't report it.  See, you can't just email them, you have to do an online form to complain.  It refuses to help you if it's not one of the two above.  I emailed their headquarters, etc.  I went on each perverts profile, got their name and blocked them.  All, to no avail.

What did happen?  I have no idea.  Maybe it was a questionaire I filled out rating it as no one to support you when attempting to block Facebook forced porno.  Anyway, today,,,, it was gone.  I am sooo glad that's over.  I was going to complain to the FCC.  Crap, as much monitoring of the internet as NSA does, you'd think they could pick up some of the porno and stop it.  It was also from another country

Well, I'll get off my soap box.  Remember, it wasn't about the idiot relative as much as it was about the frustration in attempting to get something FACEBOOK generated without screening the content.  Now, I'm going to go back to blowing my nose.  I woke up today with a stuffy nose and cough.  Ah.... always something.

Have a great day.

No comments: