Saturday, November 23, 2013

Still Kickin....

OMG.  If it hasn't been one thing, it's been another.  First of all, I hate computers.  I get so tired of something breaking on them.  If it's not one thing, it's another.  I spent Monday (Nov 18 working with AVG on a few issues.  They have a great product, I have the paid version, but when it's broken, it'll really screw you up.  I could not log in on my user id.  The only other one that exists is one I use for admin... called BIGDOG.  It worked fine.  However, I could log in, but could NOT open up the PC in anything except the safe mode.  In other words for you non-PC savvy people.... I was screwed.  I had to do a restore on my PC, and that still didn't fix it.  ON MY OWN, I finally read enough crap on the internet that I decided the problem was with a software called PC TUNEUP, which is an AVG program that disables non-essential programs when not in use.  Anyway, long story short, I had to disable all AVG products, then do a restore, and VOILA, I could log in and everything worked.  I turned AVG on and did a restart and it all still worked.  Course, that took 2 days.

Friday evening, we celebrated Gary's birthday.  We all went to Outback to have dinner.  Their steaks are really good.  That's our new birthday restaurant when "we" have to buy.  We spent about the same that we would have at Brios, but Melissa (Gary's daughter) joined us, we had a bottle of wine, and appetizers.  Then we came home and had cake.
I am going to forget uploading the video of us all singing Happy Birthday, cause it's not the same if Gary isn't bellowing the song.  Lucky You!  I can't remember what he got, but I did give him Xmas PJ's (got Eric a matching pair for our yearly PJ picture with Gary's family) and the mixer.  He never did understand why I'd buy him a mixer.  I think he's getting senile.... I always do that type of thing.

The girls decided to spend the night.  Saturday was non-stop NCIS all day long.  What's wrong with that?  Well, the girls cannot be in the same room with each other without arguing.  Chloe took the bedroom TV and Morgan took the one in the main living room.  It's just as well, they didn't want to watch the same one at the same time.  Sisters!  Been there done that, got that t shirt.

They had so much fun, they stayed Saturday night also.  Again, non-stop NCIS, but Chloe also studied her Rosetta Stone French.  Monday was a little more normal.  Then I hit the PC problem.  It was also Janice, my sister's, birthday.  I got her card in the mail, but it was late getting there.

I blogged earlier about getting shoes from New Balance on their web site, and I didn't like them, so I returned them and ordered a different style.  Got them, and they were way too big.  I still think they were mis-sized.  I called them, and I decided to just return them and go to a local store and attempt to buy some.  I got one pair, and they seemed fine in the store, but damn, they hurt my toes on one side now that I've worn them all day.  I'm not sure what I want to do.  I "think" I have 30 days.... if not, I'm only going to deal with the web site in the future.  You have 30 days to be satisfied with any of their shoes.  I've just got to wear them again and decide what I'm gonna do.  I had to order the one style, so I'm going to wait to decide until I try them on.

My new camera arrived from Samsung.  I did check the price at Sams and it's $280, but currently on sale for $100.  Well, since I only paid $80, I guess I came out ahead.  Now, I have one good camera, and one really good camera as a spare.  At least they have the same battery type.

Oh, Sunday, I played golf with Mark and Sheila, and a guy joined out threesome named Neal.  Non of us played very well.  We all three did manage to par the 17th hole.  That is sort of rare for any group, but it was all of our only part for the day, if I remember correctly.  If I'm wrong, well, it is my blog so I'm allowed to take literary liberties.

Sheila walked, and Mark and I shared a cart.  Even though I rode (well, I actually had to drive) I was pooped.  This steroids are really affecting my sleeping and energy levels.... I won't even go there on the eating binges.

I basically didn't do much else this week.  Worked on the PC, etc..  I have made several attempts to clean my Dad's room, but I just can't do it.  I pulled all kinds of stuff out to sort thru, spread it all over the room, then walked out and closed the door.  Just can't get into it.

Right now, it's really clod and windy here,.  It's supposed to sleet here later tonight, but who knows.  I went to Walmart earlier, and the parking lot was jammed.  I know it's Saturday, but this was worse than usual. The dog was out of dog food, and they carry the brand she likes.  Went next door to Sam's, and I decided Walmart wasn't that bad after all.  I had to park about one city block away... in the rain. THEN, there were no carts.  There were about 20 of us waiting on carts, and when they finally got there, we almost didn't get in the store for all the people in there.  I have not idea why they were so busy.  I guess I'll definitely get my Thanksgiving grocery list made tomorrow and shop Monday morning.

Oh, one thing I forgot to blog about.  Thursday night, well, actually Friday morning, Chloe, Gary and I went to see Catching Fire, the second in the Hunger Games series.  We loved it.  We went to iPic, but we sat in the cheap seats.  All the recliner seats were sold out, and we got our tickets the first day they went on sale.  Anyway, my back hurt when we let.  I think my seat was broken, cause I couldn't sit up straight in it.  We got  home around 3am.



It was a really good movie.  I didn't reread the series before going, unlike Chloe.  That girl just loves to read.
I couldn't go to sleep, so I stayed up and worked on the PC til about 7am... Sent Margie a text saying I was not going to Curves.  However, here's the real reason I didn't go...

That's it for now.  It's 9:20 and I'm thinking about watching some TV.  Later.....

No comments: