Friday, November 29, 2013

STUFFED IN DALLAS

Stuffed in Dallas would be an under statement.  OH MY!  I was a pig  However, I was not alone.  Eric, Angie, Morgan, Chloe, Mark, Sheila, Gary and I all enjoyed Thanksgiving day together.  Of course, Morgan and Chloe didn't stuff.  Chloe had turkey with catsup, some salad and two hot rolls, and Morgan had bread and I know she had catsup, but I don't think she used it.  She just picked at her plate enough to escape her Mom catching her not eating.  Me?  I had some of everything, but only seconds on the carbs.  Oh, we had Turkey (brined before baking), herb dressing, sweet potatoes with a crunch topping... two kinds... one with marshmallows the other without, green bean casserole, giblet gravy, canned jellied cranberry sauce, and homemade cranberry sauce.  For dessert, we had a batch of miniature pumpkin pies Morgan provided, with the initial of the people that were eating them made out of baked pie crust, Chloe made a soapilla cheesecake, and I bought miniature two bite pecan pies.  Here are a few snap shots taken by Morgan while we were eating.

Sheila and Mark brought the girls their very own bubbly.  Morgan drank the entire bottle (lot like her Mimi on the drinking) cause Chloe doesn't drink carbonated drinks now (teenagers.... go figger).  It was a great success.

Before I go any further... Angie said the blessing, then Sheila presented Gary with a card.  WTF?  I'm the one that slaved in the kitchen for 2 days and Gary gets the card?  Anyway, inside, there was a certificate for each of us (Gary, me, Angie, Eric, Morgan, and Chloe.... 6 certificates)  to the movie theater.  It was a big hit, but I don't understand why they did it, except to be nice.  It was a complete surprise, and what more can I say, except Sheila is a great friend, Mark too.  Thank YOU for being my friend.

Here are a few things I am thankful for...

I am thankful for my family, especially my hubby, daughter, son-in-law Eric, and my 2 grand daughters Chloe and Morgan.  They bring me such joy.
I am thankful for my friends, Sheila and Mark are the best friends a person could have.  They're more like family than friends.  They are good to me, AND my family (as in the above).  They are good to not just me, but everyone in my family.
I am thankful for my health.  Yes, I have some issues, but it could be worse.  I am better now than I was 2 years ago.  I plan on starting an exercise program (yeah I know.... previews of New Years Resolutions ALREADY!) to help with the issues I have.  I've been doing Curves, but want to move to Snap Fitness.
I am thankful for the lifestyle I get to live. I have everything I need, and I am working on wanting everything I have.  That is harder than it sounds.  I, to spare you great confusion, will not elaborate.  Nuff of that stuff...

As always, Mark carves the turkey.  I had a wee bit of trouble with my oven, as I do every year, but this year the grease splattered all over the oven, and I ended up not being able to brown it correctly.  The smoke and fumes got so thick that I had to quit. I just gave up trying and put it in the roaster, and ended up spending 2 hours cleaning the over before everyone got there.



It helps a lot if everyone is starving when they get to sit at the table.  They don't notice if something isn't quite as good as it should be.... they're just grateful to get anything to eat.




Here is a picture of Morgan with her mini pie that was made to look like a turkey.  She is only 11, loves cooking, and can be very creative.  She made each piece of the pie.  She is a lovely child, and has the prettiest blue eyes.

After dinner and football.... it was time for cards.  First up... Hand and Foot...Gary's favorite game.


Yup.... they guys were drinking.... I guess we just didn't realize how much!


This is my imitation of

BARF!  From Spaceballs.....


 How'd I do?  Mark and Angie were so entertained.  If only I had done it on purpose!

Here is Gary's imitation of a happy camper!  He nailed it!

Sheila, being Sheila...
 Chloe playing on her iphone...
 Morgan doing who knows what....
 Mark being Mark.... goofy!
Yup, it was a memorable holiday.  It is so much fun making memories with family and friends that will hopefully, last a lot longer than I do.  Speaking of lasting longer than I do... as usual, we boxed up all the left overs and sent them home with Mark and Sheila.  Gary hates, make that HATES leftovers, so he's glad to see them leaving.  They have enough food to last them at least a week, and I do not think I'm exaggerating.  It was a 19 pound turkey, so they probably took home at least half of it.

Today, I cleaned house, recleaned the oven, tried to fix a problem I'm having with facebook.... I'll blog about that tomorrow, and then did absolutely nothing.  Gary walked the dog, and that's about it for him also.  I did go out and buy dinner... Taco Bell.    Guess I'll hit the "publish" button and call it a night.  The dog went to bed at 9pm without me.  Of course, she cried for Gary to put her in bed.  She finally got her hump toy (a stuffed Camel toy) and one Beggin Strip and she's snoring away.  She is so funny.

Hope your holiday was half as good as mine.  If so, it was great.

No comments: