My week has been so exciting. I have gone to Curves and that's about it. I have ordered a new electronic step counter, and I don't know if it's actually working or not. Seems I don't walk enough to register more that 4000 steps a day. Alas, I think it's because I don't do anything,
Tuesday, Margie and I had permanent eyeliner applied. Needless to say, our eyes are still sore (like a bad sunburn) and puffy. We were talking about it last night, and Gary and Ralph didn't know or realize that we'd had anything done. Thank goodness price never came up. Men just don't seem to notice anything about their wife, unless they gain weight. Gary knows not to say anything about that... but I would have thought he'd notice the eye makeup. Oh well...
Tuesday afternoon, Morgan wanted to spend the afternoon here, which she did. Her reason? She wanted Gary and me to watch Grease (yes... Travolta and Newton-John) with her. She thinks it's good, but she also thinks she's getting by with watching "adult" movies. She told us up front that it was almost all inappropriate for her. She's right to a certain degree. Oh well, she'd already watched it at her house, so what did it matter. After that, Chloe came over and the four of us had home made steaks. Those girls can put away the red meat. They still like to come over here, so we all had a good time, even if it was a school night. Morgan went home at 8:30, and Chloe had a church girls meeting, so I took her and picked her up afterwards and got their home by 9:30.
I went to the doctor, and got my steroid dosag upped. Hopefully, I'll quit having tummy problems soon. Afterwards, I went Xmas ornament shopping. I got one for Lynn (Margie and Ralph's son) and his new bride Niki. It's a dated ornament to celebrate thier marriage this year. Decided to get it while I was thinking of it.
A few weeks ago, I got an email from Total Wine (new liquor-beer-wine store) inviting me to the pre-opening party at their Plano store. I forwarded it to the gals and had them sign up for it. Last night, we all went....Gerry, Marge and Sheila, along with the hubbies. We all went, and had a lot of fun. The store is huge, and we spent a little time tasting the wines, tequilas, and beer. We spent the most amount of time eating the snacks, and then looking for things we wanted to buy. I spent $118, but got some good prices on the things I bought. 12 Shiner Bock beers for $10, same on Corona. I also got some rum, Bailey's, and Lemoncella. I am now prepared for some cool weather. I'm going to put the Bailey's in my golf bag thermos. It takes the chill of quite nicely.
After spending an hour or so there, we all went to Christina's for drinks and snacks... I know... just what we all needed. Sheila and I had coffee, everyone else had booze... well Gary had iced tea. I also ordered guacamole, and the Storey's got nachos. We all had a great time.
Gary took the group picture so Don took a picture of us together.
Nothing else happening. Tomorrow night the family will celebrate Gary's birthday at Outback Steak House. I am trying to introduce Morgan into eating a steak at a place less expensive than Brios. $30 for a steak for an 11 year old kid is stupid, to say the least.
My next big adventure will be playing golf with Mark and Sheila on Sunday. We invited Carlos, but he's tied up. Oh well, as long as Mark and Sheila don't mind.... and my golf game needs work!
Thursday, November 14, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment