Sunday, August 23, 2009

THE DAY AFTER

Yesterday afternoon, I ended up taking Morgan and Avery (neighbor boy) with me to the golf course. I bought them each a small bucket of balls (well Don K bought them) and did my copying and other work at the Old Course. As a reward for not being bad while I was away, I took the kids to the Bridges in a golf cart. There, I dropped them off at the remote putting lot and went in to work with Matt on the tourney. His 2 or 3 year old son Garret was there. He holds up only 2 fingers but says he's 3, so I'm not sure how old he is, but he calles me Mimi. He did the first time he ever saw me, and I'll be darned if that's not what he called me when he first saw me yesterday. Must be the gray hair.

I took him with me to pick up Morgan and Avery, and he was quite taken with Morgan. She walked up, he stuck out his hand to shake her hand, and they swapped names. He didn't quit talking to her. However, he is quit a handful. He decided to run all over the place, so I ended up walking him to his dad. Now I remember why I only had one child.

On our way back to the car, we saw Gary T playing a solo round of golf. We went over to say hi, and then we asked him to show the kids a fossil. Gary majored in geology in college, guess he thought it would help him at the Telco. Anyway...... he showed the kids a rock formation that had several fossils exposed, but intact. Morgan found one that weighs about 5 lb. and Avery got one also, but his wasn't quite as large. They were both so proud of them. Morgan asked me to get Gary's phone number so she could call him the next time she needed to hunt fossils. I assured her I had it, but she made me show it to her on the iPhone. That girl is no ones fool! If she can't see it or touch it, it just isn't so.

The tournament got changed quite a bit. After making changes so Ed W could play, he didn't even show up. There I was with no partner. So....... Tracy P ended up with Mark, Sue and Clay. They wouldn't turn in their scorecard.... but swore they had fun. I ended up being the lady driving around taking pictures. One flash went off on one guys back swing... yup, he missed the shot. Whoops....... Several people came from the Telco Wed. night league. It was great.

Are you sitting down? Margie and Ralph S tied for 1st place. Low score was 21 (we threw out 3 holes) and the high score was 23. We were really glad it was so close. One lady didn't have real clubs, she had a junior set like Morgan has. She was on Margie's team, and Margie complained, but evidently it didn't hurt them very much. The other winning team had 2 guys on it. I think they were surprised to learn that it was really mainly men and women couples. Great..... now Don and Michael want me to come up with a singles tournament. I'll do that in my spare time. Margie got women's closest to the flag, and one of the guy twosome got closest to the flag for the men. (That's on a par 3) We also changed the teams to a 4-some. Lot's of people grumbled about that.... may need to re-think that move.

I did pass out a survey, and we will move the start time to 4pm next month due to the time the sun sets. We just barely finished before it got too dark to play. Everyone had a great time. Most everyone left by 9:30, but Michael gossiped with me til 10:30 in the parking log. He was just going to walk me to my car...... thank gawd his wife came to pick him up. He has more things for me to work on that Don K can come up with. Job security, I guess. Oh wait... I don't get paid.

Today is clean the house day, and try and sneak away for a few holes of golf this afternoon. Evidently Dad didn't walk Stella last night. My morning will be spent cleaning up dog poop. Yes, it's in the room I just spent a whole day cleaning the carpet. Guess the clean carpet was just too much for Stella to handle. DOGS!

I'll post tourney pixs later. Right now.... it's to the dryer and then the carpet shampooer!

No comments: