Monday, August 17, 2009

Saturday thru Monday

Saturday, Sheila, Gary T, Ralph S, Lynn S (Ralph & Margie's son) and I played in the FGA tournament. Sheila....... The Beave, won a skins, and I think she came in like 2nd in the flight. I tied with Ralph for a net 73, and Gary T was worse than I was.... by maybe one stroke. Anyway, I tied for 5th... I don't know with how many people, but Ralph was one of them. Sheila won pro-shop money, but I just got league points. The grandkids came over and spent the night. The fight was on between Morgan (favorite food pasta) and Chloe (favorite food El Fenix) over where we'd eat dinner. Chloe decided to let Morgan choose, then Chloe would pick on Sunday. We got to bed late but we have a girls giggle fest at bed time. They are so great!
Here are a few pix from the tournament.



Sunday, I took the girls to church, then Eric took Morgan (Angie teaches Sunday School) and Chloe and I went school clothes shopping. Chloe wanted El Fenix immediately, so I had 1/2 order of nachos and tortilla soup while she scarfed up cheese enchiladas. A few hundred dollars later, she had her school clothes from Papa and Mimi. She was one proud shopped, cause I let her pick everything out herself. This pix doesn't do justice, cause you can't see the leggings, or jeans that we bought. Angie will return a couple of items to see if she can get a better fit from a different brand. Chloe is not tall enough for women's / junior sized clothes, but almost too big for children's preteen clothes sizes. Oh, the problems of getting older. I also bought her a REAL bra. She was soooo excited about that. Well, I bought her 7, but Angie is going to take back several and get all
the same type but different colors.

Tonight the Fab Five met for a movie and dinner. We went to see the movie Julie and Julia, starring Meryl Streep. She is so good. We all gave it a thumbs up, and would recommend it to everyone. Streep nailed the Julia Child persona.

Left to right Gerry (returned form Ruidoso), Sue, Sheila, Margie (just finished her last round of chemo last Tuesday - looks good, no?) and me. What a great group of gals, hence the nickname Fab Five.
Anyway, after the movie, we went to Houlihans for dinner. Good food, and lots of gab.

No comments: