I thought my age was bad, but Sheila ages really quick. She was fine at her birthday party, then all of a sudden, she is too ill to get out of bed. I'm sure it's old age, though she says it's a cold. She was so ill, she couldn't get out of bed to go out with Margie and I and some ladies from Frisco.
We had a small going away happy hour for our friend, Sharon M, who is going back to Canada, and won't return until Sept. 28. Those crazy women use any excuse to have a party.
There were about 10 of us that met at Nylo Hotel's lounge. It's north of Legacy on Preston. It's like 8201 or maybe 8301 Preston. Anyway, it's a non-descript building, which I missed, so I made an illegal u-turn at a long stretch...... Talk about some irate horn-honkers! It's not like I didn't signal well ahead of time, and yes, it was from the inside far left lane on a 6 lane divided highway. Margie thought I did it safely. I also don't think the grip marks that she made on the dash will stay forever. They'll probably leave once it sits in the sun and gets the leather hot.
There were about 10 of us that met at Nylo Hotel's lounge. It's north of Legacy on Preston. It's like 8201 or maybe 8301 Preston. Anyway, it's a non-descript building, which I missed, so I made an illegal u-turn at a long stretch...... Talk about some irate horn-honkers! It's not like I didn't signal well ahead of time, and yes, it was from the inside far left lane on a 6 lane divided highway. Margie thought I did it safely. I also don't think the grip marks that she made on the dash will stay forever. They'll probably leave once it sits in the sun and gets the leather hot.

It's extremely high end, but they're doing specials to drum up business. They have 4&5 dollar drink specials, and lots of appetizers for 1/2 price. I was the designated driver, so I only had one margarita and one Corona. We all ordered and shared appetizers. There wasn't one dish that wasn't to die for, and the presentation was beautiful. I just wish I had taken pictures of the food presentation. I did snap a few pix....
that's Sharon on the left
Dorothy and Margie
The two Lindas
These are a fun bunch of ladies, but I tell you one thing, we can't keep up with them. They do something together about 3 times a week. Margie and I were talking on the way home..... we just don't have that stamina anymore. However, we are going to get together in October for a marathon Mah-Jong game with them.
It's off to the eye-doc for me.




No comments:
Post a Comment