Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Canceled... the Good, the Bad, and the Badder

Yesterday I made a quick trip to Oklahoma.  I left at about 7, and got there around noon.  I took my Aunt Evelyn out to lunch at Stillwater's new Olive Garden.  It's only been open 2 weeks, and she has been sooooo looking forward to eating there.  Janice and I got her a gift certificate for it for Mother's Day.  Well, little did Janice know I was going to eat off it.  HA!  As it turned out, one of her sons found out I was coming for lunch,m and he joined us.  We split the bill, and it was just enough to cover their lunch.  I bought my own.  Bad part.... it took 1 hour to get MY order.  I was only planning on spending an hour at lunch, but after that, it took us 20 minutes to get our bill.  2 hours later, I was on the road again for an hour drive to Enid.

My cousin Elton, got pneumonia, which turned into an awful infections, which caused permanent lung damage.  After almost 3 weeks in ICU, he got to go home, albeit 70 pounds lighter.  He was home alone and on the second day, he had a stroke when he stood up to answer the phone.  He managed to reach the no longer ringing phone.  He dialled 911 and when they'd answer he'd hang up, and redial.  He did that til they got there.  He was back in ICU for a while, but is now in a stroke rehab center.  He is trying to learn to swallow again, and to walk.  He only has about 13% lung capacity, and is only going to get back some more, but he'll never fully recover.  He'll require oxygen the rest of his life.  The stroke was because he has one fully blocked carotid, and the other is 75%.  He blood pressure dropped too quickly when he stood up and he semi--fainted.  His brain wasn't getting enough oxygen... yada yada.  Anyway, he is mentally alert, can feed himself, see, hear, and talk.  As weak as he is, they're trying to postpone surgery on the carotids until he gets stronger.  They cannon give him anything for the blood clot because he still has internal bleeding in the lungs.  Wow.  he really is lucky, and honestly, he does know that.  He is also loved, and he knows that.  I can honestly say, he grinned from ear to ear when he found out I was there.  He is a big fan of mine.  Well, that should be a given.

I started my trip home from a gas station in Enid after filling up.  I only paid $3.38 a gallon for gas (I saw the lowest price about 5 miles later.... $3.29) and started my non-stop flight home.  I drove 85 mph from Enid on I 35 until I reached Thackerville.  I was afraid the police would be watching people leaving the casino and headed home for Texas, so I slowed down to 75.  I ended up getting home in 4 hours and 15 minutes, traveling 296 miles.  That's an average of about what???? 71 MPH?  It was a record for me.  I'm not sure how much further Enid is than Stillwater, but it was one quick trip.  Also, had some construction places (no kidding.... it is I35!) where I could only go 55 or 60 because of the traffic back up there).  Got to be about midnight.

During my trip up there, I did speak to Trimmier on the phone.  He has been rebuilding a house his wife inherited, and will move his daughter in there permanently.  He is getting close to finishing it.  When he gets that done, he's going to attempt to get back to his "normal" life.... whatever that is.  On the way home, I spoke with Margie.  Aren't cell phones great for passing the time?

Got up bright and early this morning at 4:15 am.  Today is Angie's surgery.   I'm at the hospital with Angie right now.  I'm bored, and trying to kill time.  I've been cruising the internet, so I'm going to give you all some quick insight into the world around you.  Things you didn't know you needed to know....

Canceled TV Shows: (Only the ones I cared or thought it was about time....)

Awake (NBC)
Ending after one season, final episode on 5/24/2012
This was expected.  I love this show, but it just couldn't go on forever, or over a season.  Guy apparently has a car wreck, survives, but is now living in two worlds.  He awakes one morning and he's with his wife and his son is dead.  The next morning, he's with his son and his wife is dead.  I really like this show, but I personally think aliens have captured him and it's all a figment.  Nah.... I think it's a conspiracy involving his boss (this is a given) and that neither are dead. 

CSI: Miami (CBS)
Ending after ten seasons, final episode on 4/8/2012
All I'll say on this..... it's about time.  I do NOT think David Caruso can act.  His stupid saunter one step closer then "peer" into their soul by staring with a sideways head tilt just doesn't do it for me.  Never did.

Desperate Housewives (ABC)
Ending after eight seasons, final episode on 5/20/2012
Everyone has watched at least one episode, if not more, just our of curiosity.

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC)
Ending after nine seasons, final episode on 1/13/2012
Wow.

GCB (ABC)
Ending after one season, final episode on 5/6/2012
Sorry Angie... you were the only person I know that ever liked it.

A Gifted Man (CBS)
Ending after one season, final episode on 3/2/2012
My hubby enjoyed this...... but as long as Storage Wars, Pickers, Pawn Stars, and Charlie Rose are still on, he'll be ok.

House (FOX)
Ending after eight seasons, final episode on 5/21/2012
It's ok, I quit after season 3.

Missing (ABC)
Ending after one season, final episode on 5/17/2012
I watched this.  Another one that couldn't go on too long.  Ashley Judd's son is missing.  Wow, I was only giving her a few episodes to find him myself.  Good show, but really!

NYC 22 (CBS)
Ending after one season, final episode on TBA
Just another fleeting rookie cop show.  I have Blue Bloods..... Tom Selleck will do me fine. (That and the occasional Jesse Stone)

Unforgettable (CBS)
Ending after one season, final episode on 5/8/2012
Wrong title.  I watched a few seasons, and well, it IS forgettable.

Wizards Of Waverly Place (DSNY) 
Ending after four seasons, final episode on 1/6/2012
and....
I'm In The Band (XD)
Ending after two seasons, final episode on 12/9/2011
Only my grand daughters will care.  They'll be in re-run heaven for years.

Ok, now that I've got this started.... did I miss your favorite show?  Here's a link to get you there...
http://tvnews.pazsaz.com/cancel.html

Here's my list of shows to DVR and speed watch (there's no other way)

Shows I ALWAYS watch

The Good Wife
The Middle
NCIS CBS
American Idol ( also results, but none of the auditions)
NCIS LA  CBS (if I don't have anything else recorded)

Dancing with the Stars Results (only results anymore, not enough time) ABC
Person Of Interest CBS
Mentalist, THE CBS  (getting repetitious)
60 Minutes CBS (depending on the subject)
Criminal Minds CBS
Blue Bloods CBS
Modern Family ABC
CSI CBS  ( quit when Grissom left, but started again when Ted Danson joined in)
The VOICE NBC
SURVIVOR: CBS
Revenge ( I scan parts just to keep up.  Personally, the saying "Revenge is best served cold" is getting old.  Let's end this so I can see what happens rapidly.)
Rizzoli & Isles
Body of Proof

Now, this is just from memory.  They are NOT all on during the same season (thank goodness) and I do NOT watch reruns.  Well, unless Chloe is with me.  She makes me watch NCIS over and over, especially when Kate was still alive.  I record every show, and FF thru the commercials.

Ok, they just called, and Angie is in recovery.  I'm off to grab a bite to eat. 

No comments: