Sunday, May 13, 2012

Golf Tournament With Sheila

Today, my day started out like most “diet” days. I had coffee, and read the paper while Gary walked the dog. When he came home, he made me breakfast while I showered. Then we headed out for a bike ride on the bike he got me for Mother’s Day. Oh, he also got me flowers, but I wanted the bike. As a matter of fact, I picked it out. It’s called a “comfort” bike. It’s made with the pedals a little more forward, the seat is larger and gel padded in a special place (I won’t go there), and the handle bars are high. Here’s a picture….. isn’t it beautiful?




It's a Townie model, made by Electra. 

Let me set the record straight.... Sheila is human.  She is NOT a golf machine.

Moving on...... Yesterday, Sheila and I played in a 9-9-9 tournament.  It's where you play 9 holes as a scramble, 9 as an alternate shot, and 9 as a best ball.  OK.  Here is what happened.  On the scramble, it was handicapped.  We shot a gross 42, net 34.  On the scramble, we shot a gross 39, net 32.  On the alternate shot, we shot a gross 37, net 33.  That gave us totals of 118 gross, and 100 net.  I don't understand this, but using MY math, I get a net 99.  I am going to ask Sheila to figure this out, since she was the score keeper. 

As for the nitty gritty details, I want to say that Sheila is my friend.  I would never do anything to hurt her feelings, or betray when she has a terrible round of golf.  Yeah, right!  It was not a good day for Sheila.  She did make the only birdie, I must admit.  That is all I'm going to say.  We both shot 44's for the best ball series.  The only deal with that was, I got more strokes than she did.  I am honestly going to have her look at MY scorecard, cause if we really should have had a 99, we would have earned points.  No money, but points.  We were not DAL (dead ass last) in the tournament for gross, and we about middle of the pack with out net score.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  We saw Trimmier there, but he was playing with someone else.  Someday, he'll come back into the fold. 
Now, today is a double celebration.  First of all....

Happy Birthday Joyce


Joyce is one fun lady.  I am so glad I can say she's my friend.  Sheila is always worrying about me corrupting her Mom, but I'm not sure it's not the other way around.  Joyce, I hope you day is special.

Today is also Mother's Day.  Here is Janice (my younger sister) and my favorite picture of my Mom.

Gosh, I sure do miss her.  All of you that are so lucky to have your Moms...... I am so happy for you and your Moms. 

I miss her, but with Angie and the two girls making sure I have a great mother's day, I don't sit and dwell on her being gone.  They decided that I should have a French Mother's Day.  It helped that Central Market was having a French Celebration.  After their church got out, they came and picked me up.  I didn't know we were going, but off we go to Central Market for lunch and dinner things.  I don't know how much it cost Angie, but the wine alone was close to $50.  We got a couple of bottles.  We used the Malbec for the cheese tasting, and have yet to fix dinner.  She got CM's French marinated Herb Province chicken breasts, steaks, brench bread, and I can't remember what else.  We couldn't eat and do the cheese tasting, so we will have dinner later.  One of our best things was the water.  We took some of my HOME GROWN mint, lemons, and regular filtered water and had a delicious iced beverage. 











Stella is snoozing on the couch by me, the girls are with Gary in the computer room playing computer games, and Angie is watching NCIS.  Eric is glad he got to go home.  He likes his alone time with the computer.  I take that back.  He just knocked on the door, and is looking for dinner.  I guess it's time to start the grill.  French chicken.... here we come.

No comments: