Thursday, May 24, 2012

I FEEL SOOOO MUCH BETTER

I've been off line the past few days, cause I've been pretty ill with my U.I.C.. I'll update on what's been happening.

First of all, I started getting ill on Friday.  Saturday, I felt bad, but had things to do.  Saturday night was the first Firewheel Couples Golf Tournament of the season.  Sheila and Mark brought their friends Paul and Mary with them.  Sheila and Mark didn't win anything, but Paul and Mary won third place, with a 33 for 9 holes.  That's a REALLY good score.  First place was a gross 32, but Paul and Mary lost a scorecard play off after tying for 2nd place.  At least they won some money!


 Not sure if you can tell by the picture, but she is sun burned!  Too much laying by the pool.
Margie and Ralph were there also.  It was a pretty successful event.

Sunday, I was really ill.  I stayed in bed all day.  Monday, I was feeling a little better.  Monday night was the PHG (Pecan Hollow Gals) Mah Jong party at Marnee's house.  I shouldn't have gone, in hindsight, but it was Sharon's last party before she heads to Canada.  I paid for going.....in two ways.  First of all, we played Mah Jong for about 4 hours, and I didn't win one friggin hand.  I had a lot of "one tile away" hands, but completely skunked.  Sharon fared better..... she continued to say "one more hand" until she won.  Honestly, Marianne and Marnee kept cleaning up.  The second time I paid, and I paid dearly, was when I ate the BarBQue and had two beers.  I've been paying for that ever since.  I've spent Tuesday and Wednesday laying around taking pain meds.

I got soooo tired of my rice only diet!  Today I broke down, and so far, for breakfast I had 2 boiled eggs, and for lunch, one skinless chicken leg.  I am getting pretty hungry, to say the least.  Of course, I'm not losing any weight, cause rice is nothing but CARBS!  Bad ones at that.  Today, the pain finally subsided somewhat, so I may actually live.

I went to my primary care doctor last Tuesday, and she had me curtail all my walking, cause it has caused me to get bursitis in my left hip.  Crap, ever feel like you can't win for losing?  Anyway, I decided to walk today, just at a much slower pace.  I got a little over 2 miles in about 50 minutes.  Of course, Gary and I had the dog, who has to pee and poop all the time.  At least I did something.  I really want to start losing some more weight. 

I watched the American Idol finale, and was I disappointed.  I really like Phillip Phillips, but I don't really get it.  He's cute, but I just don't think he's that good of a singer.  He doesn't have a very large vocal range, and he always scrunches up his face when he goes for a high note.  It looks like his vocal cords might be hurting when he "almost" makes it.   He does have a very consistent singing style, but I think all his songs sound about the same.  I think Jessica is more talented, but I'm not into her style of singing.  Matter of fact, I'm not in to Phillip's style of singing.  He just isn't "musical" enough for me.  Too much Bob Dylan-ish in singing, but his plus is that he is sort of Steve McQueen-ish looking.  Joshua was my favorite, but he didn't have the personality to make it to the top two.  He was just a nice preacher's son.  But man o man, he could sing.

Stella is quite the social butterfly as of late.  Our neighbors (directly on the east) are in the process of replacing their deck, so their back yard is open to the common ground.  Stella has been going up into their back area, and barking thru the windows at their two scotties.  Bad part?  Our neighbor gives piano lessons, and it's causing a real disturbance.  Ok, Stella gets run off a couple of times.... then figures out that she can go from their yard into two more yards east of them.  She's having a field day.  Of course, the neighbors aren't happy.  Gary just ignores Stella.  It drives me crazy.  Oh well, at least he doesn't listen to Stella any better than he listens to me.

If you all are hot and tired Friday afternoon, stop by my house.  Morgan and 2 of her boy friends are having a sno-cone sale at our house.  They did a practice run yesterday.  They actually sold some for $2.00 each.  We provided the cone cups, syrup, and sno-cone machine, and the boy's paid Gary to get them a bag of ice.  One boy had to pay his Mom for her "cotton candy" flavored syrup.  Well, at least they still made money after that.  We used to have a cotton candy machine, but Gary and I can't remember where it went.  It's probably in one of our storage places.  Oh well..... just consider it lost.

I made Gary mad cause I'm "forcing" him to buy me a piece of lumber so I can add a shelf to my hutch.  Oh the things I do to that man!  So, while he's off at Lowe's, I decided to catch up on my BLOG!

I am not going to see if I blogged it or not, but my cousin, Elton Ray, that I went to see in Oklahoma last week, had a massive pulmonary embolism, then suffered more massive storkes, and passed away this week.  He was a decorated Vietnam Vet.  He was so nice to both my Mom and Dad (his mother's brother) when they were both very ill.  He made sure to visit both of them frequently.  I admired the man greatly, and the world has lost a good human being.  He had retired from the military some years ago, but spent his last years working to help returning veterans obtain their medical and military benefits.  My heart goes out to his sisters, Kathy, Elda, and Sandy, and his wife Kim.  He was just one of those guys you were glad you could call friend.

Nothing much else has been going on that I'm aware of.  Sheila has been working on the new Firewheel Web Site.  I haven't seen her since Saturday night, and we didn't really get to visit.  I was busy working the tournament, and she was busy having fun.  Some thing never change!  Later.....







No comments: