Here I am, back in reality. It is definitely a different world when you're in a Casino. You find yourself talking to people you'd never in your life talk to under "normal" circumstances. Everyone I saw was having fun. Here's the scoop...
Sheila, Margie and Gerry were in a golf tournament Thursday and Friday, so they didn't join me. I was invited to go with some ladies from Pecan Hollow to Thackerville, Oklahoma, for a two day golf - gambling outing. I was also asked to bring my peeps, Sheila and Margie. They didn't know for sure if they were in a tournament or not. It ended up being just me. I drove Sharon and Linda, and we met the other 4 ladies there. Linda wanted to get there early so we could sign up for a member card, and that would give us $5 credit and also give us free entry to the all you can eat buffet. Are you sitting down? I went in, but didn't care that much for the food. We ate off the buffet, instead of the custom omelet station. Live and learn. I went and gambled for a few minutes while they finished breakfast. After that, we headed off for the golf course.
Here's a picture of one of the tee boxes. The course is beautiful, but I don't understand what's going on. It looks like they used to have a lot of small shallow ponds, and they're turning them into wild nature spots. Sandy, and weedy. The rest of the course was in excellent condition.
Free senior breakfast with member card.
We all went back to the hotel after playing golf, and met up in Linda and Sharon's room. Drinks? OF COURSE! Their group anthem is RED SOLO CUP. We all ate at Toby Keith's restaurant. Most of us had steak, even me. My diet did not exist Wed. and Thurs.. I just leave it at that. When I added the 5 beers I had while playing golf, it blew it. And that was BEFORE the steak, baked potato, and salad with bleu cheese.
After dinner, the gambling took on a whole new light. Marnee (bottom picture, black blouse with her back to the camera) and I hit the Dirty Dancing and Hangover games. Everyone had a ball. Most people left at 11:30, as we had a 9am tee time for golf. Me? Of course not. I played til 2:30. Long night.... wait, make that short nite, cause I couldn't sleep. Started hitting the machines with Sharon and Linda around 7am. Then we three had a real breakfast. Not free, but it was good. Then we started gambling again. We checked with the girls, and though it had rained during the night, they wanted to play golf. We said we'd play also. Se, we were thinking about not because it was supposed to rain. As we were walking to the car, it was cold. Of course, none of us had sweaters. We decided to go back to gambling.
The other gals played golf for a while, then the heavens opened up and they had to quit. We quite gambling and headed home around noon. It was a LONG drive because of the traffic and rain. I delivered Sharon and Linda to Linda's house. See, Sharon lives in Mexico during the winter months, and Texas and Canada the rest of the year. She is a Canadian. Anyway, she's going to play in a golf tournament with me next week. I came home, and took a bit of a nap., Gary was at Home Depot, of course. Then when he came home, he cooked. Yup, Whataburger! Then, he had a movie date with Morgan and Eric to go see Avengers in 3D. He liked the movie, but LOVED the iPic Theatre. That's where we took Joyce when she was here. The recliner seats were sold out, but he loved sitting in the general section. They have huge comfortable Leather chairs... big and roomy. Each chair also has a fold out table so you can eat during the movie. They don't give table service to the cheap seats, but they bought their popcorn and soda before going in.
I did get a golf update from Margie and Sheila. They did NOT wind anything during their golf tournament. That means they are all probably embarrassed. They usually take first place, and this time, they didn't take anything. I'm not talking about the prizes each player gets, I'm talking about win, place, show. Oh, the humiliation. Tomorrow morning, Sheila and I are playing as a team in a golf tournament. I hope we do better than that, but am not going to lose sleep over it. We're playing with the FGA,basically Sheila and I against 95 men.
I'll take my camera, and hopefully take more pictures than I did at WinStar. If you find grammer and typos in this post, I apologize. I am hurrying to get it done so I can get to bed.
Later....
Friday, May 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment