Mark was the margarita man, making then on demand. Gary was pretty demanding, all evening. I stuck with iced tea, diet coke, and only 3 beers. Yup, I blew my diet! Sheila, Gary and I are the only ones that actually went swimming. They did offer to let us go into the house and play some pool and darts, but the evening was just too beautiful to waste inside. There are no bugs (so to speak) at Sheila's house. Here are a couple of pictures. I didn't take very many... too busy running my mouth or stuffing my mouth.
We were having a great time, when we got this eerie feeling that we were being watched. We looked around and all we saw was this.
It's obvious from the picture, it was NOT watching us. It was watching the house. Hmm..... we carry on. Then low and behold!
Yup, it was Mark's grilling buddy. His buddy always comes out while Mark is grilling and sits in the shade and watches. He was probably wondering why were weren't firing up the barbie.
Guess you all heard that there was a HUGE moon out last night. Well, I set my alarm for 8pm so we could see it when it first came up. According to the paper, that would be when it appeared to be the largest. Well, there is no horizon at Sheila's house. There are roof lines on the horizon. Then it happened!
Sheila had a bright idea. We'd go for a walk to see it. Off Sheila, Sue and I go, with me toting the camera. Well, we walked about 3 blocks away, over to the parking lot entrance of the school. We could see just a tad of it. We waited about 10 minutes, and sure enough, it came up high enough that we could see it.
I couldn't do it justice. It was just beautiful However, it wasn't as big as we thought it was going to be.
Yes, the braclets are a dead give away as to who was measuring it. We decided to head back to the house. I'm at the back of the group, and we're walking and walking. Sheila is mentioning how they're really fixing up some of the houses, yada, yada. Finally, Sue says, where are we. Sheila says, well.....duh! That's not your car, and that's not Connie's car. We're on the wrong street. Well, butter my butt and call me biscuit. I was so dumb, I knew we weren't on Sheila's street, I thought we were walking to get a different view of the moon. Anyway, Sheila figures out where we are, and decides on a route to get us home. It is the back way, but closer than going all the way back. It's ok though, I got one more shot of the moon from a different perspective.
We finally got back, and talked and yacked some more. If you don't know what "yacked" means, to me it means talk, blab, etc.. According to spell check, it is NOT a word. My choies were.... YAKKED, YUCKED, YOKED, or YANKED. Personally, they look interchangeable, so pick a different word if you prefer.
Sheila served us ice cream (sugar free for her and me) for dessert. Finally, we could go home knowing we'd eaten everything possible.
I got up at my normal time, had coffee and read the paper with Gary, then he, Stella and I went on a walk. I changed my route just enough so I can get 3 full miles (over just a couple of tenths), instead of 2.96 miles. I just feel better knowing I'm doing 3 miles. My pace for doing it is staying right at 1 hour now, so I guess till I get my hip and left knee in better shape, that's gonna be it. I did shave a couple of minutes off today because I came upon a snake. Well, Gary saw it first and gave me a heads up. He was just leaving the concrete trail. I don't know what kind it is, but I wish I'd had my pellet gun with me. He looked evil.
I didn't get his head, but that's okay. I was hoping I could look it up on the internet when I got home, but the pattern isn't clear enough and I didn't notice the color of it's belly. They say if you look at the anal plate (yes..... but crack.... on a snake no less) you can tell if it's poison. Like I'm gonna pick it up, check it's butt, and then decide I should run. Anyway.....
Came home, had a protein shake and some oatmeal, then went out to the garden, AKA back deck, and harvested my first crop of tomatoes.
Yes, they're grape tomatoes, but man, I have some. I also have cucumbers and big tomatoes, but they aren't ready yet. It's gonna be a while til the BIG tomatoes ripen.
That's it for today. I want to close by giving you all a hint...
DON'T FORGET TO BUY YOUR MOTHER
A BOTTLE FOR MOTHER'S DAY.
AFTER ALL, YOU'RE THE REASON SHE DRINKS!


No comments:
Post a Comment