The pictures were taken with my iphone, and the last two are using their panorama feature... but I couldn't use a flash with it. Oh well, you'll just have to come see for yourself.
Long story short, when Angie was born, we spent every Christmas with my Mom. Thanksgiving was spent with my Dad in Houston, and we rotated that between him and Gary's Mom, Ruby. After Ruby died, we just spent it with Mom. Angie's greatest memories are of her Christmas' with my Mom, usually in Colorado. My Mom decorated every room in her large house, all 4 bedrooms, formal living and dining rooms, upstairs family room (with a 12 foot tall tree), 3 full baths, and the entertainment rooms downstairs in the basement. The toilets, everything. Now you know why I go a little over board. Angie is just like me. I don't do it quite as much as my Mom did, but I do like something Christmas like in every room.
Speaking of my Mom. Here are a couple of pictures of her.
This picture was taken in Colorado, where she lived most of her adult life.... well after she and my Dad divorced. That's where she met Frank, and they didn't move back to Oklahoma where she was raised, until he retired from the FAA. She was born in Oklahoma, August 2, 1928, and died in Oklahoma, December 04, 2008. Gosh, not a day goes by that I don't think of her, and miss her. She will always be a part of my life. That's what Mom's do.... touch your heart forever. Guess I need to change the subject.
Since I finished decorating, I did get to play golf with Mark and Sheila. Here's how the scores went.....Sheila played terrible, shooting a 95. However, considering she had an 11 on one hole, she really scored fairly well. I also played terrible, shooting a 98. However, considering I had 5 3-putts on the front 9, I scored fairly well. Mark? He played fairly well, shooting a 100. We did have fun though. It was about 83 degrees, just a little too windy for our tastes. Mark got a tummy ache, so we didn't hang around afterwards to commiserate about our golfing. I did check with Sheila today, and he's feeling better.
I went to the heart doctor today. He is changing the strength of my heart meds, cause my blood pressure is too high on the top number. I also have the nitro pills that we reviewed how I'm supposed to use. I'm good to go for 3 more months. Right now, I feel really good. That prednisone is a great drug. No aches or pains. I still don't eat a lot of bread, but I did have a beer at the golf course with Mark (in the cart... Sheila walked) and didn't get sick. Yippee. I'll be ready for New Year's Eve.
Guess I'll wrap it up for tonight. You all take care.....








No comments:
Post a Comment