Saturday, December 15, 2012

Trouble in Paradise

Here is is a couple of weeks from Christmas, and I already have tons of things piling up on my plate that need to be fixed.  Start of a bad year to come, or finishing up a good year with bad things.... take your pick.  I personally hope it's just a bad ending to an otherwise good year.

Most important, Angie has a tumor in her stomach.  She discovered it this week, and because of the way we do insurance, she's met her deductible for medical procedures, so anything that happens now is 100% paid for by insurance.  That's good, at least.  She decided to rush in to the doctor to have it looked at so she can get it removed before the end of the year.  She made an appointment Thursday with our primary care doctor, who ordered a sonogram of the mass.  Then Angie made an appointment with the general surgeon yesterday.  He is going to pick a date on Monday to do the surgery to remove it.  She got a call this morning from our doctor, and the tests came back that the mass is not a fatty tumor, and needs immediate investigation.  Well, Angie was one step ahead of that, thanks to her issue with insurance paying for everything.  So, on Monday we'll find out when she's going to have surgery.  They'll remove it (that's the plan so far) and do a biopsy at that time.  We are not really worried about it, because it is not attached to any organs, it's just in the muscle.  Whew.

I took Dawn to her radiation yesterday.  I have duty for that when Sheila is taking trips.  She also had met her deductible for the year, and she's wanting to get all of her MRI's etc. done before Jan. also.  I did tell her I would not be available for anything the day Angie has surgery.  She'll have Betty do that.  She has a really bad ear ache, and is extremely congested.  She's just feeling rotten.  She has reduced her chemo meds against the advice of her doctor.  I'm not going to say anything else about that, as she has had breast cancer in her breast, lung, and now brain, and she still in a non-compliant patient.

I went to the dentist to get my snaggle tooth looked as, and blah blah.... he put a temporary on (see previous post).  He's putting a crown on it after the first of the year, cause my dental insurance limits the amount I can claim on a per year basis.  Well, of course, a piece of an old crown broke off today.  I am sooooo sooooo close to just asking for dentures.  Now, I know this dentist won't do them, cause my teeth are too good (yeah, that's why they keep needing work) to pull, but there is surely some quack dentist out there someplace that will pull them all.  DAMN IT!

Now, here's my biggest concern.  Angie noticed yesterday that pictures on my blog are disappearing.  OMG!  Blogger put a limit on the number of free space that a blog can have for pictures.  Ok, they send me an email asking if I want to pay by the month, and I can then have unlimited space.  It works out to about $25 a year.  UGH!  I just ignored them.  My letter came advising me that I have exceeded the free space limit by 150%.  Well, how could I just exceed it?  They are no longer allowing me to upload pictures to the blog.  I have no idea why they've disappeared, but I am sick.  I have decided to fix it and then have a book made.  Angie, the grand kids, Janice, and I all enjoy going back and looking at what was going on.  So, my new project is to figure out a way to fix the blog pictures, then get it printed as a book. 

I have found that even though Blogger is no longer allowing me to upload pictures directly, that if I go thru Google+, I have the ability to upload pictures unlimited from there to Blogger.  So, I'm going to go back and edit all the bad posted pictures that way.  It will be time consuming.  It's not like I have a job that will interfere with that.  One of the first things I guess I'll do is make the Europe Trip into a book, then remove that from Blogger.  Oh well... it seems like it's always something.

I have also been working on Christmas pictures.  I must say, because of digital photography, I seem to take close to 400 pictures every Christmas.  Why is it that erasing a picture that is good of one person, and the other has their eyes closed, is so difficult.  Or, erasing one of seven almost identical pictures is tough also.  I need to be more like Sheila....... make a decision and stick with only one picture instead of 30 of the same scene.

Now for some good news....

I do want to say that I feel fantastic.  I love my new doctor. 

My uncle William, in Cushing, OK., had heart surgery yesterday.  It turned in to an 8 hour ordeal.... but they finally cauterized enough places in the heart that they restored a semi-decent heart beat.  They are just waiting now for him to recoup from the surgery to see if they will need to do a pace maker.  They planned on him being in the hospital for several days, because of the pain associated with the cauterizing, but he felt so much better once he woke up from surgery, that they let him go home after just one night.  The power of prayer is awesome.  I talked to him on the phone last night, and he sounded so good.  He said he hadn't felt that good in the past couple of years.  Talk about a good Christmas gift!

Gary is in 7th heaven.  He is so excited about Christmas, for the girls.  He's about ready to start shopping.  No, we agreed ahead of time what to buy, and it's been taken care of, but as of this morning, he wasn't sure it was what he wanted them to have.  He's getting ready to start buying any day now, if I know him. 

As you can tell, I'm going to be working on the PC between now and Christmas, of next year.  I'm going to post this, and start working on the missing pictures.  Have a great day!

No comments: