Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sunday Afternoon

Well, Chloe and Angie fed the cat yesterday, I think it was.  I have not been keeping up with them.  It's all I can do to keep up with myself.  I have made more cookies and fudge than you can shake a stick at.  Today, I redid all the Christmas gifts for Gary's family Christmas Eve party.  I bought picture frames for everyone, and then made additional 4X6 prints to fit the frames.  Of course, Gary doesn't like them, because he wants a bigger picture.  If he had his way, they'd all get poster sized gifts.  Oh well, he can get a life, cause I'm finished with THAT project. 
I think it looks okay.  That's the end of that.

I weighed today, and I've only gained 3 pounds.  It's pure sugar.  I just need to get rid of all the crap I've  been baking.  While I was at Walgreens getting the new pictures printed, I had to wait for 1/2 and hour, so I had lunch at Sonic.  That's something I haven't done in ages.  You know what, I can't believe I'm typing this.... but it really wasn't that good.  Maybe all the sugar I've been eating has ruined my taste buds.  One can only hope. 

I also went to Michael's today.  Gary wanted an easel so he can display his poster sized family portrait, and I wanted to get everyone a frame.  Well, I also bought Sheila, Joyce and me a project for the three of us to work on while Joyce is here.  I'm not going to say what it is, it'll be a surprise.  I am really looking forward to Joyce's visit. 

Morgan had been really ill off and on this past couple of weeks.  She finally got so bad the other night Angie took her to the doctor a couple of days ago.  She has the stomach virus that's going around.  The doctor put her on some antibiotics, and as of today, she's back to normal.  She got it bad, like Margie had it.  Well, all was well until today, now Chloe has it.  Now I remember why I only had one child.  Two are just twice as much trouble.

Morgan is over here helping Gary get his yard work done.  Yeah, right.  He was supposed to clean gutters (I have been nagging for months) and rake leaves, but so far, all they've done is shake packages under the tree, and play in the leaf pile.  Wait, they've stopped all that, now they're reworking the tire swing that's in the back yard.  It's filthy because it's about 5 years old, and the tire is rotten.  Morgan will be covered from head to toe with black tire crap.  I'm sure Angie will be impressed.

I have officially stopped buying any more presents.  We can have Xmas tonight for all I care.  I am considering making one more batch of fudge, since Gary has eaten all that I made to take to the party tomorrow night.  I made it using the SPECIAL DARK Hershey's Cocoa, and it definitely makes it lots richer.  Gary can put away fudge, but he only eats it at Christmas.

Really, nothing to write about.  I am going to close with a couple of Geezer shots.  Have a very Merry Christmas, should I not post again.


No comments: