Today was a busy day. I had a dr. appt. in Garland at 10:05. I got lost, called Angie to save me, and she looked it up on the Internet and gave me directions. Problem is...... I missed my turn, and ended up 5 miles past it. Then came the train....... Finally, I found Garland Baylor Bldg IV. Couldn't be right though, cause I was supposed to go to 3rd floor, and there were only 2 floors. Yup..... wrong bldg. Finally made it, 15 minutes late, which is traumatic for me. It upsets me to be late, to say the least. Anyway, got that out of the way, and called Sheila. She and I had a 2pm meeting at the golf course, so we agreed to go play 9 holes early.
The golf gods were not with me, but they were close by. I shot a 44, which is pretty good for me considering it was from the white tees. I'm not sure if Sheila shot that well or not. I lost the scorecard sometime during the meeting and getting home. I do vaguely remember her making a birdie on the first hole, then seems like she sort of had trouble after that. Anyway, once again I played really well. We played with Ben, on of my PA's. He did take it upon himself to correct my putting stroke. I tried it, and it does make sense to do it his way, but it will take a little time for me to get used to it.
I'll have to try and figure out what Sheila's score was, then I'll post it. I do know that we played for a beer, and she ended up buying my beer AND sandwich, so it must have been a massacre. That's it for now. Hopefully, I'll come up with something exciting to post about. Later
p.s. Sheila did call in and informed me that she actually beat me, with a 42, but felt sorry for ruining my good playing by calling attention to it, so she just paid for everything.
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment