This evening (5:00pm), I actually saw the sun come out. I grabbed the camera and decided I'd update you all on the things going on around the house. Angie and the girls came over while I was blogging, and Chloe walked in covered with mud screaming with excitment that they were digging up the garden. Now, for you "real" farmers, I need to explain that Gary experiments with our flower beds. He planted cukes, peppers, cantelope, and onions in the flower bed. Okay, those were from seed. However, in one of his moments, he also planted a sweet potato that had gone to seed. Here are the results of overwatering, and not weeding the flower bed.....
FARMER GARY STARTING THE HARVEST

THE FIRST SWEET TATER (AFTER WASHING)

OMG! THE SIZE !

THERE WILL BE NO TALK OF POTATO FAMINE IN RICHARDSON


THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!

MORGAN WON THE PRIZE FOR BIGGEST FIND!

I'm going to attempt to briefly NAME the remaining pictures that I took, then I'll sign off, because really, nothing has happened.
FORGOTTEN PEARS ON THE PORCH
(ANGIE....COME OVER AND RETRIEVE YOUR WAGON!)

(THEY CANNOT GET PAST THE ALUMINUM FOIL!)
TUESDAY, SEPT. 15, 5:00 PM RICHARDSON, TX.
(PROOF THAT THERE IS STILL A SUN OUT THERE.)

TUESDAY HIDE AND SEEK WITH THE SUN

PATIO TOMATOES WITHOUT CAYENNE
(EAST SIDE OF PATIO)

DAMAGE DONE BY SLUGS AND SNAILS
(LARGE TOMATOES ON WEST SIDE OF PATIO)

ODE TO CAYENNE PEPPER ON TOMATO PLANT VERSE 1
ODE TO CAYENNE PEPPER ON TOMATO PLANT VERSE 2
LAND PLANARIA a.k.a. ARROWHEAD FLATWORM
(BAD CAUSE THEY EAT EARTHWORMS)
No comments:
Post a Comment