Saturday, September 19, 2009

WHERE'D THE WEEKEND GO????

Friday was Morgan's 7th birthday. Gary and I took Wendy's chicken strips to her school for lunch. She goes from 11 to 11:30, and so we did the same for Chloe, who lunches at 11:30. Both girls had a great time.

Chloe went to Girl Scout camp, so Morgan came over by herself to celebrate her birthday with us. We Gave her two outfits that have matching clothes for her two birthday Build a Bear's, and she was excited about that. Then, Gary took her shopping and bought her some stuff.... get this..... He bought her a drum, a tambourine, some shaker things (whatever they're called), and a harmonica. We did that for a few, make that very few minutes. The big item we ALL enjoyed was a Nerf Gun Set that has two machine guns and two pistols. Gary also bought like 50 extra bullets. We had a terrific Gun battle.... drove Dad nuts with all the screaming and yelling, and trust me, the bullets were flying! (All these pix were sent from Angela)

Here's the b-day girl in one of her new dresses with her new build-a-bear.

What was Gary thinking? Better yet, was he even thinking at all?

We put on our protective chest pad and eyeglasses, and we were off!

I attempted to hold her bear as hostage in order to get Morgan and Gary to give me all their bullets, but it didn't work. They continued to shoot me.

Having enough of Gary and me taking her nerf bullets away from her, she decided to cuddle. Oh, a precious moment.

Morgan decided to give me a facial. I know, I'm so beautiful!

Morgan finally gave out!

Went to bed, and when we got up, Gary decided to depart for Colorado City, Colo. to visit my step-Dad. He wanted to surprise him, so he didn't call ahead. Guess it's a guy thing. He's still there as I blog, and no, he's not taking pix for me to blog about. Maybe he'll give in and do that tomorrow, cause he said it snowed and hailed there today. ANYWAY.... Saturday I went to the golf course to do the Tail Gate party decorating.

The tail gate was a pain in the arse. Everyone seemed to have a good time. Sue was going to be my partner, but I opted to take pix while she played the scramble with a solo guy. They did well together, cause she won longest drive, and they came in first place net. Ralph won a closest to the pin, but his BIG win was best costume. He wore one of Gary's old shirts that I made that said "Homo for Romo".

I took lots of pix at the tail gate, and then again today I took some of Margie at the golf course. I have never had it happen before, but the card is bad, and I can read nothing on it with the camera or the computer. It just makes me sick. I will have to redo the one of Margie that I took today.

Speaking of today, we all teed off in our tournament (Sue, Sheila, Margie and me) at about 8:30 am, and didn't finish up until about 1:30. It was SLOW. None of us played really well, but we were well away from last place. We played at Brookhaven CC, and the greens are firm, and your ball... if you hit it far enough.... will not stay on the green. It'll roll off in a flash. We never had a putt for birdie of less than 30 feet.....it was not pretty. But, we were all tired from the night before, and decided to not worry about it. The tournament was almost all men, and I think the winning team came in with a 57. It is NOT handicapped, so there was no way we could ever win. We'll mark that for our memory bank next year.

We all decided we were ready to leave, so I sold my raffle tickets to Paula, and Sheila and Margie left theirs with some FGA friends to watch their numbers. That Sheila! She won 2 rounds of golf at Tour 18, and Tickets to a Dallas Stars game... I am getting to the point where I'm getting jealous of her luck!

I'm still fretting about the camera card.... so I'll close. I have a doctor appt at 8:30 am in McKinney, so I need to get to bed. Other than that, nothing new to report. Damn that camera!

No comments: