The monsoon season is here, and I'm going stark-raving mad! Of course, I could be doing something useful, but I'm too bummed out to do anything like that. It's been raining since Friday evening, and it is yucky! No flooding in our part of the woods, but the snails are out in full force, chomping away at my tomato plants. I've put cayenne pepper over every leaf of the two that produce large tomatoes, and the cherry tomatoes seem to not have snails cause they're on a different side of the patio. I don't know if it's gonna work, but every time I go out and check on the plants, it brings tears to my eyes. Oh yes, and a sneeze to my nose.
Friday was "new" doctor day. There is yet hope for a diagnosis, or better yet, maybe a treatment for my tummy ailments. I am about to go crazy. If I take all medicines in one day, then I'll be taking 24 pills a day, and a booster every Sunday. I'm still vitamin D deficient, along with being low on vitamin b. You'd think one of those would help with the stomach issues. GASP! I am supposed to get a cat scan, and additional blood work Monday, then he'll discuss what he thinks the problem is. He's a hemotologist, and just about my last hope. Gawd, the anticipation!
Dad and Gary have been footballing all weekend. How can there be so many teams in the US? Oh well, lots of us ladies have the same trouble. I still reserve all rights to both TV's on Thursday night, so I can tape all my shows.
Angie and the girls came over yesterday. She had a hair-brained idea that she'd can pear-butter. Yes, these are the pears that Gary and the Girls picked from a strangers house (with permission), and the girls sold something like $8 worth door to door. It's almost embarrassing to walk down our neighborhood street, cause they all know I'm married to the doting grandfather who cannot tell his grand kids no. Anyway, Angie has a wagon full of pears, and a recipe for pear-butter. We put up 12 jars. Here's the weird part..... there was maybe 1/2 jar leftover. She threw it out, but as soon as the jars cooled off, she selected one and opened it up so we could taste it "after" the canning process. Excuse me, but really! Anyway, everyone liked it. I don't care for apple-butter, and pear-butter is just about the same. Too sweet for me. Gary liked it so much, that he made biscuits last night. Those were gone along with the entire pear-butter in a matter of minutes.
We played Beatles Rock Band on the Wii last night. I scored 100% on the singing, but not as well on the drums (78%), or the guitar (98%). I'm curious how Sheila and Mark will like it. It's sorta nice to be able to sing the songs without cringing. On the Rock Band version, the girls favorite song is... "I wanna be your dirty little secret". "I wanna hold your hand" is so much nicer.
As you can tell, there is no golf to blog about, no nice weather, nada, so I'll close. The next big event is Monday at Sue's house. That should be fun.... mah jong and wine! Oh yes, she's also fixing dinner, and has guaranteed that I'll be home no later than Wed.. I just hate not knowing how to plan my life.
Later.......
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment