We girls got together for Mah Jong. I left for Denton at 9am for Dad's doctor appointment. It was still snowing, but the streets were clear enough. We were almost there when they called my cellphone and said they were closing for the day. DANG! I took Dad to eat, then dropped him off at the house, and headed for Gerry's. They had just gotten started playing, but Margie and I played as a team.
We almost starved to death. All Gerry had to munch on was, pretzels, M&M's, Jelly Belly's, a couple of cheeses. They we had to make do with....Cowboy Casserole, pasta salad, fruit salad, carrot cake, and some other desserts, etc. We could have had at least 10 additional people to eat with us and still have had leftovers. There was NOT any Almond Joy Cake, much to my dismay. 


Here is a pix of the next door neighbor's tree that lost a couple of big limbs last night. They got someone to come out right away and cut it up.
Seriously, Gerry can put on a meal and snacks like no one else. I played all afternoon on Marige's money, and she lost something like 35 cents, so I didn't do too bad. I think I only won one hand, so it was a bad day for me. Gerry won quite a bit, but she usually does. It continued to snow all afternoon.... huge flakes. This is what it looked like when I left......
The weather has warmed up. Last night (Thurs. nite, Sat. morn) was so beautiful. I looked outside around 1am, and it was as bright as day time. It was so calm and quite, except for the occasional transformer blowing. We had power outages all evening, but they never lasted very long.
Got up Friday morning, and started work on a sewing project for Margie S. I'm monogramming aprons for her grand-daughter's birthday party. She's having it at a cooking school. Morgan did that, and they had a ball. Gary and the girls spent the day at the park, cause they closed school due to the snow. By the way, the official total snow for the Dallas area was 12 inches. At one time, we had nine inches in the front yard.
Gary and the girls built a snow fort. They were joined by all Chloe and Morgan's neighbor friends. Would you believe they all think Gary is the neatest grand father in the world? He is so cool..... he has a scooter, and he does flips off the snow saucer. I'll post pix of that event when Angie gets around to sending me the pix. Guess you can only blog about snow for so long... then there's nothing much more to say. It is warming up and melting as I type.

No comments:
Post a Comment