This week has been typical. Cold, damp, and boring. Well, that is until last night. I heard the neighbor's dog barking, so I grabbed my camera (I stole Gary's and am now claiming it as my own) and power lamp and headed outside. Sure enough, there was one of the coyotes. I turned on the lamp, and of course, the battery was almost dead. Just a little glimmer of light. I did get a little video of it, but of course, I can't load Roxio or Adobe Primier on my damned PC. That's another issue. Guess I need to buy Windows 7. After I blog, I'll restart the PC.
Sheila called today, and wanted to know if I wanted to go shopping with her. I could just see the two of us getting makeovers, trying on evening gowns, etc. Whoops, I was thinking of someone else. She wanted to go buy a new golf bag. Cool..... I needed to go to PGA Superstore anyway. We both gathered up all our coupons, and we were off. We found the perfect bag for Sheila. I didn't think to take a pix, but it's black, red and white. Wow, she's really stepping out there with the red. I bought some stuff, and one thing, was a new sun visor.
Sheila then took me to lunch, and she bought. That was cool. We had Chinese food at one of our favorite places, Ying something or other. We've taken Joyce there, and all the fab five at one time or another have been there. We usually just go during their lunch hour, cause they have such good food and a varied menu at that time of day. Then, she dropped me off at home and headed to her house.
I came in, and put on my new visor, and asked Gary what he thought of it. Same old answer.... "How many visors do you alread own?". Of course, it rolled off my back like water. Then I took it off and had Dad try it on. It was then that Gary realized it had hair on it. Here's Dad in it.
The fake hair looked so much like my own, Gary didn't realize what it was. Now he wants me to go get Dad one with red hair. I probably won't..... but Dad also liked it. After that, I went to Sprouts to get some groceries. Came home to one shocker.
There was Dad and a young black man was sitting on the couch listening to Dad tell his "metal fatigue" story. I didn't say anything, just unloaded all the groceries. Then I went in and said hello, may I help you? (Yes, I interrupted Dad's story to do this) He then started on his spiel about not wanting any handouts.... he was earing points so he could get a job. He needed us to rate him. I asked..... what are you selling. He went on about how he was just selling himself. I asked what he needed to do to be able to finish up, and YUP.... he wanted me to buy magazines. I wrapped up the NO very quickly, and escorted him out the door. He was wearing a tie and jacket, but man, he did have strong body odor. After he left, I asked Dad why he invited a stranger into the house, and it was because Dad didn't understand what he wanted. Great.
I've been having a few conversations with Dad on what is appropriate behavior (no problems being lewd or anything like that), but talking someone's leg off in a restaurant, never letting anyone else talk, etc. was what we talked about. I just don't think he "gets it". It's very embarassing and frustrating. I promised my sister I'd look at a place that has senior activities during the day. I'll see if I can get him to go, but I've always failed before. Maybe I can get him to go this time. I think he just doesn't have enough to do to keep him occupied.
Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with him when we're both gone and he refuses to go with us. GASP! That's it for now. Guess I'll go in the living room and see if it's only Dad in there, or if he's invited Jack The Ripper in.
Here's my political bumper sticker for this post.



No comments:
Post a Comment