Monday, February 22, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PONCHITO

Sheila called yesterday and invited me to her house for pizza and Olympic Hockey....US vs Canada. I couldn't go, cause it's Chloe's Bday party at El Fenix restaurant. Melissa (Gary's daughter by his 1st marriage) joined us..... her Bday is the 24th. We dined on our usual dishes, except I had soup. Yeah.... a bummer. Still trying to figure out what won't mess up my stomach. (By the way..... as of today..... eating soup doesn't help. I might as well have had enchiladas!)



Because young kids don't like to watch their siblings get presents, Dad kindly offered to give Morgan a belated Bday card. It had a $2 bill in it. She was delighted to be remembered. She actually appreciated it.



Chloe also got her $2 from Dad.



Then she opened up our gift. It was a gift bag full of peppermint patties. She just presumed that the entire contents were candy, and thanked up, telling us she liked it. I had to point out that she needed to unwrap the BIG piece of candy. VOILA!



Add Image
Her first real gold and diamond ring. It's an opal set with stones but it's in WHITE gold. That was her surprise. I've purchased her gold opal earrings, and for Valentines day, got her white gold earring hoops. Now the ring will go with either set. We just have to get it sized.


Got home, and I started off to Sheila's to watch the rest of the hockey game, but my stomach was causing problems, so I just stayed her and watched on my own TV. It was one of the most rapid action hockey games I've ever seen. It was great that the US won, but the Canadians came on strong, and I wasn't sure who was going to win. Of course, I had to call Sheila after the game was over.


That's it for today. I've spent the entire day trying to get medical bills straightened out, and working with the VA and Medicare to get Dad's meds going. I "think" I've succeeded. Later, and here's my bumper sticker for this post.....






No comments: