Wednesday, February 10, 2010

DREARY DALLAS

Another cold, dreary day here in the Dallas area. Angie and I AGAIN worked on my bedroom. We are finally finished organizing my closet. It now contains 3 sewing machines, a work table and chair, photo equipment, and a ton of other NON-Clothing items. It is really getting crowed there. I bought us lunch at Cafe Max, and really went all out. We split a trio salad with marinated chicken salad, Caesar salad, and fresh fruit. We each had our own bread roll with butter, and our own brownie..... probably no more that 2000 calories each.

Yesterday, I decided I'd start walking again today, cause it was supposed to be a little nicer on the weather. I went shopping yesterday and bought some new Nike Plus running shoes (I'll use them for walking) that work with my iPhone app that tracks your time, distance, etc., and the apparatus that goes into the shoe. Well, total, I've now invested about $120 in equipment. Did I walk today? No, it was too cold and windy and damp. Maybe Friday.

Tomorrow is Mah Jong day at Gerry's house. I take Dad to Denton for a doctor's appointment with the VA. It's at 10:30, and the weather forecast is for rain, sleet, and snow, but it is supposed to be too warm for it to accumulate. I guess if we leave at 9am, we'll get there in enough time. We can always eat breakfast once we get there. Then as soon as we get home, I'll join the ladies at Gerry's house.

That's about it for today. I'll take my camera over to Gerry's and get pix of the gals Mah Jong game. Maybe Sheila's tan will still show up in the pix. By the way, she did send us thank you notes for being there when they arrived home. She "says" they enjoyed it. At least she didn't ask for my key back.

I'll make every effort to post tomorrow, if I don't have a bad reaction to drinking liquor. I don't usually post my stomach ailment, but I have inflammatory ulcerative colitis disease. It is really a pain in the arse to live with. I have struggled to get it under control for a little over a year now. It will drive one insane. Anyway, long story short, I went to the doctor a week ago and insisted that he help me get some relief from the pain. I nicely told him that I'd like to see someone that specializes in this area. He is a gastrenterologist (that's probably spelled wrong). He asked for another month. I was taking 9 pills a day and an additional steroid twice a day just for the problem. He took me off both of those, and gave me a new medicine that is once a day. I do feel better, but it does react with alcohol. Oh well, according to the book, you have to be aware of it, as it may intensify the alcohol affects. Worst case, someone will have to drive me home. The really bad part is..... a 30 day supply cost $480. My insurance covered all but $280 of it. GASP! However, it does seem to be helping. You have to take it for 3 entire weeks before you can get the full benefit. Wish me luck, I need to win big bucks tomorrow at Mah Jong to pay for the new meds.

The coyotes here are driving me crazy. There are evidently more than two, and the new Routh Parkway they built thru the woods has caused them to move closer to our house. Gary and my son-in-law both have seen them walking in the middle of the street at night. I hear them howling at night, and the screaming I hear is awfully chilling. Gary says they're just fighting over food. I have seen one of them using my 2,000,000 power flood light, and he was large. I just haven't gotten a pix yet. They are only out at night, so it's tough.

Later....

No comments: