The girls spent Sat. night with me. Chloe and I watched TV in bed, and Morgan fell asleep on the couch, so we just left her there for the entire night. Gary surprised us all with flowers and chocolates on Valentines Day. I finished eating all my chocolates yesterday, with a lot of help from Stella. She can smell chocolate, and she'll find a box and sit by it and whine and cry till someone gives her a small bite. I know, it's bad for dogs, but don't tell Stella.
I got Chloe some white gold earrings, and Morgan a gold ring. The ring was almost a complete waste on Morgan, as she lost it 4 times in one hour. That girl! Chloe is easy, she loved the earrings. They went home to eat their Daddy's special valentine breakfast. He dyed his pancakes red..... needless to say...... pink poop reigned at their house later. I won't say more, and I'm sure you all already wished I'd said less.
I finished up all the apron's for Margie's grand daughter's birthday party. Ran those over to her, then came home and worked on my room and closet. It is finally organized. In the midst of all the organization, I lost my Kodak camera. I just loved that thing to death. Now I've got to get a replacement. I still have my Olympus, but it's a little large to pocket carry, and the flash recycle time is SLOW. Maybe I'll get Gary a new Kodak for our anniversary. Hey, it works for me.
We went to Angie's house for dinner. Wine and appetizers started at 6, and we got there at 6:15. We had brie cheese with strawberries or maybe it was cherries......and wine that Sheila got Angie hooked on.
The girls decorated the table... one for adults and one for children.
Coco, the idiot poodle, fell in love with the brie.
Angie made a pasta dish.... carbonara sauce, that was really good. Then for dessert, we had chocolate fondue.
Chloe made each of us a special chocolate (white) sucker. As you can see, she worked very hard on them.
Now, I don't want to put my good friend Sheila to shame, but she didn't send me any pix of her snowman. Here is what a true Texan would do with all the snow we had, if they had a pool.
Monday, Angie and I went shopping all day. Well, almost all day. We started at 10 am with a girls only breakfast, then we dropped Chloe off at a friends house, and the rest of us headed for the stores. I was looking for a new bedroom comforter set. GAWD! You just cannot buy a California King set in most stores. We ended up at Penny's, of all places. We found everything we wanted, but had to special order everything thru the catalog to get the Cal. King option. At least we got everything on sale. Once we get the comforter in, I'll finish up buying stuff, and get some paint that matches. After my bedroom, I'll do my bathroom, if Gary hasn't yet killed me.
Remember, if they find my body with paintbrushes, fabric swatches, and lots of purchase receipts stuck in various orifices..... Gary killed me. It may be an entire credit card billing cycle, but be sure and follow up.
After shopping all day, Angie and I headed to Casa Millagro for drinks. She ended up eating, but I've had so much chocolate, I couldn't stand the thought of eating again. I'll have to ween myself back onto regular food slowly.
Today, I've done nothing. It's still terribly cold, not even 50 outside, but the wind makes it see a lot colder. I did manage to drag myself to WalMart to get Morgan her copy of the new Scooby Doo movie..... Abracadabra, or something like that. She just had to have it today.
That's it for now. Hope you had a great Valentines Day.


No comments:
Post a Comment