Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday

Today started our with a ring.... of the phone. Morgan needed to be driven to school, as she missed her 6:30 am bus. Ok, I can understand it. However, I do not understand me not getting the call until 7:30, when she's got to be there at 7:45. I didn't even have time to palm the task off onto Gary.

At least when I came back, he had coffee and the paper going. Finished that up, and Dad got up early, around 9:30. Decided to wash his clothes that were dirty since I planned again on doing cleaning all day. I'll get back to this in a second.

I've decided this morning that Dad is becoming smarter every day. I went in to his bathroom, and found bloody tissue all over the place, a bloody shirt, and an IV needle laying on his bath cabinet. I realized where it came from.... his arm from yesterday. I went in and checked out his arm, and he was smart enough to get it out, use toilet tissue to stop the bleeding, then go on about his business. I am presuming he took it out getting ready for bed last night.

Now, the other side of the coin.....where I decided he's not getting smarter. I asked him when he took it out, and he didn't know what I was talking about. Even when he saw it, he had no idea how it got there or where it came from. Alas, at least things are back to normal.

Back to his bathroom...... I had to get Gary to help me flush the toilet. There was probably an entire roll in there from removing the IV needle. Did that, then called the hospital and made a complaint. Guess what, they hardly ever have a problem, and can't remember when they ever had this problem. Blah Blah Blah Blah. They did say they'd talk to the nurse that discharged him.

I've got nothing else to blog about. I'm going to go for a walk, then clean. I've yet gotten started on the clothes washing. I have one bloody shirt soaking.....

No comments: